WT destroying old literature

by startingover 44 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

A person I know has employed her own method of preserving these venerable old "scrolls." She visits the Kingdom Hall during meetings to do a bit of research in the Kingdom Hall library. She finishes her research and exits the KH discreetly before the meeting concludes. When she gets home she discovers that some publications sought refuge in her capacious handbag. She has "received freely" an extensive collection of "free Bible literature." I completely approve of her stealthy methodology; it is utterly harmonious with the life-saving Noah-like educational work of the WTB&TS.

Persons who find that their trust in Watchtower dogma has left them economically disadvantaged may find this method helpful in supplementing their income - the "life-saving truths" can be further distributed to other seekers of truth via eBay or other internet vendor stalls. Jehovah jireh and all that, y'know.

Plunder them, sack them. Take the silverware from Jah's feast-table.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!! That's what I do!

Anyone at the KH should do their part to " borrow " any old literature they can get their hands on. If we all " borrow " something, then together we will have pretty good collection to share.

• JHK
    JHK

Never, never, never destroy!

What about donate the literature to public libraries?

• hotspur
    hotspur

And yet, there is the counter argument... keep all the old literature in the library in the hope some of those new ones get to want to know that evil history ... just sayin'

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The only large-scale destruction of "literature" that I know of was after WT distributed the horrible English singing CD. I can't remember off the top of my head what it was called, but it would have been about 15 years ago. The release had quite a bit of hoopla but it was just some mediocre singers accompanied by the orchestra recordings used at the DCs or CAs. It was the butt of many jokes in bethel. I mean, Myriads of Brothers sung by a solo baritone? How many is "myriads" anyway? One sister joked that the CDs were so unwanted in their congregation that their literature desk had more of the CDs returned by publishers than had actually been ordered by the congregation.

I heard that the bethel stockroom was eventually instructed to throw out the remaining inventory, nearly a dumpster full of those CDs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit