Remarkably stupid point in this week's Jeremiah book study - Jehovah's loving kindness

by sir82 43 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

The whole Jeremiah book is an abomination, but a point in this week's study exceeded even its usual standards of inanity.

From page 144, paragraph 10:

In our day, God continues to show loving-kindness in ways that directly benefit his worshippers. Consider the matter of prayer. Jehovah takes note of all sincere prayers, but he pays special attention when his dedicated servants pray to him. Even if for years we keep praying about the same chronic problems, he does not lose patience with us; nor does he tire of hearing our prayers.

Wait a minute....

If Jehovah so all-frickin' full of "undeserved kindness", wouldn't he, oh, I don't know....FIX THE PROBLEM YOU ARE PRAYING ABOUT?!?!?

He shows his loving kindness by....not losing patience as his "dedicated servants" continually ask for relief from "chronic problems"...problems that God could remove with a blink of his eyes?

If a human parent showed similar "loving kindness" by, say, "not losing patience" with his child, even though he kept him chained up in the basement with no food and little water....would the "worldly courts" agree that such "patience" was a sign of "loving kindness"?

The WTS often makes really stupid points, but this time they have outdone themselves.

Idiots.

• cantleave
    cantleave

WTF??

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Really quite big of J-Bar isn't it, not getting annoyed with those chronic complainers.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I love it when JW's tell you what god/Jehovah, "feels, wants, likes, loves, hates, 'takes note of,' 'pays special attention to..." Such a fantastic delusional story.

UGH...the wording...how do they keep putting up with it?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Ha. Good point. That is warped.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

he pays special attention when his dedicated servants pray to him

So how is it that they are getting SPECIAL ATTENTION if years are going by and there is no answer to their prayers? I seem to be missing what that SPECIAL something is...

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

So what basically is the difference between when he is listening prayers of his dedicated servants and the other people?

He is not tired? Oh, it is so great, that he still has energy to listen one more scream for help from his "dedicated servants"!

What is otherwise? he will be tired and go to sleep, or what?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    but he pays special attention when his dedicated servants pray to him

--

In other words, god ignores all prayers, but if you're a dedicated servant, he will ignore yours in a very special way.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Im more merciful the Jehovah ever was....thats why he can no longer by my God.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This week's lesson as with the entire study book about Jeremiah is another example of how WT writers stretch their imagination. And that's all this study book is ........a stretch of WT's imagination!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit