Another reinstatement meeting coming up...

by MavMan 55 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Mav,

Why are you discussing this here. Its as silly as my statement here that I was going to become a witness again. Its inflammatory. It was wrong of me to do it and its wrong of you to do it.

If I decide to become one of Jehovah's Witnesses again at some point, I will discuss it with the appropriate people. Which is what you should do also.

If you are still unsure whether it is the truth, that is the discussion that should take place. If you want to be reinstated, then that presumes that you do believe it is the truth and want to live by the rules of the organization. One of those rules is to not associate with us.

Its simply silly to say you want to be reinstated and continue to post here.

I guarantee you the elders will think your active participation in this forum is greater grounds for disfellowshipping that any moral lapse you have had.

Maybe you should practice your self control by leaving this forum forever and not returning, unless of course, like us, you have decided that, at least for now, being a Jehovah's Witness is not for you.

Joel

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

With statement as the following, who wouldn’t want to rush to the nearest back room at a Kingdom Hall and confess all?

*** w99 1/15 19 Lift Up Loyal Hands in Prayer ***
    14 To receive God’s forgiveness, confession to him must be coupled with contrition and “fruits that befit repentance.” (Luke 3:8; Job 42:1-6; Isaiah 66:2)

*** w95 1/1 27 Determining Weakness, Wickedness, and Repentance ***
    Hence, when a dedicated Christian commits gross sin, something more than personal confession to Jehovah is needed.

*** w95 9/15 31 A Meaningless Ritual? ***
    A Meaningless Ritual?
    THE sacrament of confession has been practiced by Catholics for centuries. Yet, for many it is an empty routine. Reflecting on his youth, a high school principal named Bob says: “I was a teenager, and even then I didn’t take it seriously.” Why not? For him, confession had become a meaningless ritual. He explains: “Confession was like bringing all your luggage full of sins up to the customs man at the airport. He asks you questions about your sins and then he lets you go through after paying something for the luxury items you bought while you were abroad.”
    Similarly, Frank Wessling, writing in U.S. Catholic, describes the practice of confession as “an extremely simplified step-by-step guide, from checkoff of common sins through memorized prayer of repentance to ritual act of token penance.” Wessling’s conclusion? “I’m convinced that Confession is good for the soul,” he says. “But the way Catholics do it is a problem.”
    The Bible presents confession in a completely different manner. Most important is confession to God. (Psalm 32:1-5) And the Christian disciple James wrote: “Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. Therefore openly confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may get healed.”—James 5:14, 16.
    A Christian burdened with sin can call the congregation overseers, who can give personal and practical counsel from the Bible to help the wrongdoer abandon his sinful course. The overseers can give appropriate encouragement as they monitor the progress of the one who is ailing spiritually. What a contrast to the formalistic ritual of confession practiced by churches today! Fortified by the personal assistance of congregation elders, repentant wrongdoers can gain the relief that David felt, as he expressed in a psalm: “My sin I finally confessed to you, and my error I did not cover. I said: ‘I shall make confession over my transgressions to Jehovah.’ And you yourself pardoned the error of my sins.”—Psalm 32:5.

*** w93 3/15 10 Jehovah's Mercy Saves Us From Despair ***
    8 Confession to God can bring forgiveness and relief. “My sin I finally confessed to you, and my error I did not cover,” sang David. “I said: ‘I shall make confession over my transgressions to Jehovah.’ And you yourself pardoned the error of my sins.” (Psalm 32:5) Are you distressed over some concealed sin? Would it not be best to confess and leave it so as to receive God’s mercy? Why not call the congregation elders and seek spiritual healing?

Now, if confession to God is required, why contact an elder body to air your dirty laundry and do God’s thinking for him? If serious about going back, I wish you well. But, you said you have prayed to God and maybe, He answered you many times over within their own literature.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Carmel
    Carmel

Hey Mave,

If the nice little elders need a character reference for your request, be assured I will be happy to give one. E-mail me and I will even send a hard copy letter indicating you have indeed intertained devils on this board. They surely will take my word for I am held in high esteme with them. Once they research who I am and that you have been rubbing shoulders with me, you surely will be known to be honest and forthwrite. I guarantee reinstatement.

Your most great fan.

carmel

• Mulan
    Mulan

What am I missing here? You WANT to be reinstated, and are excited about it? Why???

I didn't think I missed posts that much, but I sure have not noticed yours.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

All I can say MavMan, is that, if this is what you want, then i hope you get back in.

I remember after being DF'd, I wanted back in desperately. Because it was familiar territory. If I had known then what I know now, I would never have gone back. Hell, I even DA'd myself before I knew just what a crock of kaka they really are.

With all the info and the light you have been given, why would *want* to return to the darkness of the WTS?

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• larc
    larc

Well Mavman,

A lot of opinions have beeen expressed and I agree with the general sentiment. The person who best captures my opinion of you is Seven006, i.e. Dave. You are low life trash. Your worst offense was coming here under another name after 9-11 and asking people to send money that you would send on to charities. This looks like criminal behavior, and if it is, I hope you are charged and conficted of a felony. If I am right in my assessment, you are a man that can not be trusted under any circumstances.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

dungbeetle, I hope someone listen! but....

Yadira

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Iarc said:

Dave. You are low life trash. Your worst offense was coming here under another name after 9-11 and asking people to send money that you would send on to charities. This looks like criminal behavior, and if it is, I hope you are charged and conficted of a felony. If I am right in my assessment, you are a man that can not be trusted under any circumstances.

There was just something on the local Cincinnati news today, of a local man who had convinced his workmates that his girlfriend? sister? was in the towers on 9-11. He was convicted of fraud, ordered to repay the money to them and gifts that he took, and sentenced to so many hours (300?) of community service.

As to the rest of the comments, of course as I have said before, the witnesses are pretty much like any other group to me. The thing that sets them apart is organized shunning. If they are alike why do I point out things they do like the child molestation problem? Because I have seen it personally. I was not a member of the Lutherans and cannot speak knowledgably about that organization's problems. Perhaps in the future I will have facts I can quote, and when I do, I shall.

I am of the opinion that some people are witnesses. It is not something that they do, it is something intrinsic to them. As much so as gender, race, profession, and so forth. If this mav guy is for real, fine be a witness, that is what you are. It is not what many of us are. I was a witness, in only one of my incarnations. I have since incarnated into yet other forms.

As to what makes a witness? Is it really and truly what the governing body says? Not to me. If some witness smokes secretly, or has sex, or paints crosses, the watchtower society may deem them to not be witnesses. However if they label themselves as a witness, I am content with that label. We all have our hypocricies.

Indeed, we would not need to do such things in secret, and the many other things that we do or feel, without telling others, if we did not have to face the raised eyebrows of others.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

(parody)

Dear Diary; I have a reinstatement meeting tomorrow. I just need to figure out how much I can lie to or decieve them without pissing Jehovah off, as I guess he's watching and all. I guess as his organsiation lie and decieve it's alright for me to do too. Jehovah will understand. If I get back in, then I can carry on my life of self-deception, or I hope I can. I wish I could unlearn some of the stuff I have learnt. At least people will talk to me, provided I don't let on what I really think or feel. But I can't deal with the way I think or feel, so why should they?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

As Ozzie opened up this thread and read it for the first time, he just shook his head!

I'm not sure I believe a word of the stuff from MavMan but if he be 'kosher' then Mav needs to see a counsellor.

Mav, you need help. Professional help. Go get it.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit