Who Taught You The Truth(tm) OR Who Counted Time, On You?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My mom.

She's still gung ho at it today!

Doc

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Life Is Too Short...That is too funny. Asking a 12 year old...What is God's name. lol

Listening to my Baptism talk, the speaker said, "So you all have privately prayed to Jehovah and vowed to do his will".

Oh, umm, what? Was I suppose to do THAT? Oops. lol

Just Lois

• biometrics
    biometrics

I grew up in a divided household. Mum was a JW. Dad beleived God existed but had no interest in being a JW. He did get along with them.

After dad died I seemed to have an endless array of elders and brothers studying with me. I'm talking 2-3 hours study per week. Usually on weekend after the meeting or Saturday afternoon. Looknig back the only thing I gained from it was better reading skills. And I'm sure they were just doing it for the time.

I'm sure if dad were around life would have been much different. I used to stay home with him rather than go to meetings, and never had any study indocrination lessons.

One brother used to say "If we're wrong about the truth. At least I've lived a good clean life". He said it like living a clean life is not possible outside of the watchtower organisation.

• talesin
    talesin

Lois .............

You are the person who inspires poetry..........

The tender heart ....

which hides the strength of steel,

Shall prove true, and good ....

We know not how she feels ...

She is our center, our heart.

The inspiration for our art.

xo YOU

tal

• humbled
    humbled

O my god, Lois. Family life can be so messed up. I hurt for you. That fellow, the son, must have had mixed up feelings about a lot. who knows? Learning the "Truth" from his father and what a tangle of feelings.

To your question--

there were a couple young men came up the road one summer with a magazine about" prayers for peace--does God hear them?". I hadn't been interested before but was pretty disillusioned with the things I saw in churches I had gone to--now that I wanted to be a Christian, truly. They did what they were supposed to do--said they'd be back to see what I thought. The one young man who did all the talking brought his sister next time, the sister brought her mother next time. and that was the "heavy guns".

That sister was a regular pioneer. She still is as far as I know--of course she won't acknowledge me when she sees me at the market square where I sell my spoons.

She got very much involved in my family's life. My young teen daughters were so impressed with her style and her cleverly manicured nails. We were so back-woodsy. We learned how to arrange for conventions to stay with JW families because we were too poor to get hotel rooms in the city. They dressed prettily and gave smart answers. And we went to the little town where her congregation was.

My husband called her "the Dragon Lady". This development was a thing that made trouble for him and me.

• label licker
    label licker

A brother came to our door and hubby stopped him from saying anything more and said we were disfellowshipped. The guy took back his magazines and took off. Hubby laughed his head off saying it really does get rid of them when you tell them your df'd. Never the less we had a customer who would come into the shop and he witnessed to us and a study was started. Got baptised and now we really are df'd as of Sat morning.

Label Licker...I am sorry they did that to you. (((Hugs)))

Humble ( d) How sweet of you. But please, don't hurt for me. I feel for YOU. I wouldn't know how to live your Life. I want your butt hurt to heal up quick. You are a beautiful woman, with much to look forward to. Happy and healthy vibes, going your way.

Blondie...I read back over some of your first 20 pages of threads but could not find anything about your mom. If I keep digging will I find it? If you are up to it and don't mind, would you mind PM me a little about it? I can't imagine what it would have been like in your house, studying to be JW's.

Just Lois

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Thanks Lois for understanding what others cannot

Talesin...I don't know what to say. Words are words but your collection of words strung out like that to me, for me?

How very kind.

Thank you Tal.

Just Lois

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wow Lois, You were passed around like a cracker at the memorial! What a coincidence that I know some of the family of the "lover". I once posted about a pious nosy sister who cornered me at a store. Among other things, she hinted that her JW family was disfunctional . Would she be mortified if she knew I have smelled some of her dirtiest family laundry???!!!! As for me, my mom started studing with me pre-school in the really old Let God be True book. It was torture. The orange "Paradise book came out when I was six and then she swiched to that. Her version of the "truth" was not "happifying". My father conducted the "family study" once a year right afterthe DC had guilted fathers into it. His version consisted of pounding his fist on the table after my mother would say something insulting to him. Mom and dad played out their power struggle wrapped in religion for about an hour whereupon would go to my room and cry. I was baptized at 12 before the questions were asked of the canadates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit