An official Jw.org YouTube channel.

by His Excellency 77 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'll believe it's official when (if) jw.org makes mention of it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow. Actually I think it's a smart move. I wonder if they brought in a marketing firm to advise them on the new strategy. Take Jah's name out, make the videos look like 'Toy Story"... Why don't we know the scoop I wonder.

Really really geared toward little kids. They can find YouTube up on smart TV's/ipads/computers, and kids can listen to the shiny happifying videos anytime they want...like a favorite cartoon. Interesting only focused on little kids...nothing yet out for kids 6yrs or so and up.

The "obey" message is loud and clear. It wasn't that way when I was a little kids. Yuck. But it's smart to keep up with the times and not put out more dreadful 192 pg books.

The message is shallow, and won't stick. Toy Story and Cars etc. have layers of excellent writing that all ages enjoy watching over and over. These WT videos are so simple they won't keep the attention span for more than a couple of viewings, I suspect.

• david_10
    david_10

I can't hardly believe that this is real------------I just can't believe it. It looks real, but I still can't believe it.

But, then again, I don't know why I, or anyone else, should be so incredulous. In the past, The Society has used the available media to reach the people. For many years, they used the sound cars and phonographs. For many years, they effectively used the radio. And, of course, print. Now that we're in the 21st Century, with print losing it's influence, the internet, in general, and YouTube, in particular, are the most effective ways to take it to the people. Someone above me said that if you can't beat 'em, you better join 'em, and that makes sense to me.

I watched one of the videos....................."Please and Thank You." It was a good video. What can I say?

David

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Looked at the official looking fb page and it is in foreign so obviously isn't wts'. By quick glance it does look good too. Youtube site kept negative comments on it so that wouldn't have happened had it been official. Would have been interesting marketing strategy but I guess not, someone did a good job making it look official though. Lets see how long this yt site will last with all their precious © videos.

• St George of England
    St George of England

At least one of the videos has comments disabled.

George

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I do not for one minute believe this is a genuine JW.Org site.

I propose it's a zealot JW high on cult hubris acting as the watchtower's mouthpiece. Counting time I'll wager.

Not the real deal. The WBT$ will probably ask them to take the site down.

I put a comment on there asking if they were apostates. Ho de ho!

• Listener
    Listener

You need permission to use someone's trademark, if they don't have that it is very unlikely that the org. would allow the sites to remain.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

If anyone wants to let them know about this fake page, here's the phone number.. http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/contact/united-states/

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Dagney:

Interesting only focused on little kids...

Except the most recent video on the 'JW.org' YouTube channel is about preaching in prisons.

Worse still, the first recommended video at the end was a BBC documentary about pedophiles in prison. I'm not they want people to make that kind of connection.

Based on the facts that they can't control other recommended content, and they haven't blocked comments, I'm strongly leaning towards "not official".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

diamondiiz:

Looked at the official looking fb page and it is in foreign so obviously isn't wts'.

Which 'official' FB page was that?

I saw one that had a modified JW.org logo (with the word "dot" instead of a dot), but it isn't official (and it says so). And most of its subscribers are from Ghana.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit