An official Jw.org YouTube channel.

by His Excellency 77 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

It appears that WTS is running a new marketing campaign to sucker people in. Apparently they dumped the old Watchtower site and since then they are promoting jw.org everywhere (web site, facebook, youtube, carts and store) instead of The Watchtower which leaves their magazine the only publication that still carries the original identifying name. Will that crap have a face lift in 2014? A newer combined journal (wt&awake) should be easier to distribute because surely the target market won't know what hit them as they no longer see the Watchtower magazine when they open their door but rather a new jw.org journal. ;) Who are these people in these cool cheap suits? I bet more householders will beg for a bible study.

It appears wts is trying to look less cultish, more main stream and appeal to religious folk who may fall for the carrot. The problem is that unless someone has a partial fear of the world and is partially indoctrinated that the devil is out to get them they may just google up Watchtower or JW and then they have the other side of the story freely available to them at their leisure. This may not help Watchtower all that much. This is another headache for them, and while their legal team has been busy with pedophile issues lately they may began to focus on xjw sites and try to bully them like they did with quotes.

Where else can we expect jw.org advertising in the future? Billboards? Relatively cheap with high viewership which would also make sense on their part. JWs will eat this up as the end must be imminent because such urgency hasn't been seen since Rutherford's reign. According to their recent letter to BOE their "coupon" for free bible study on their web site worked wonders so billboards may not be that far fetched. Where else can they get cheap advertising? Cheap or free local station gigs? Maybe a radio station running pre recorded talks?

Are they going all out to get more people in or are they going to keep it as cheap as possible? Youtube along with other sites may be trial runs and if they notice more money come in they may expand their marketing to more main stream venues. Almost forgot, their sales agents are already doing their rounds on forums and Q&A sites promoting jw.org so few new sites will easily be pushed by jws seeking to get easy time in. The only thing missing is something in writing promoting JWs to use the net to advertise these but this may come more implicitly by a letter advising dubbies that they have a new channel to benefit from which to them will signal that they should immediately advertise these.

and I thought I could stay away from this site and move on, I guess I'm not over this crap as much as I hoped

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Hmmm... nice of them to "add" a JW channel... however... be aware that it may be a snare to catch some that are underground...

• erbie
    erbie

I'm with the above on that. It could possibly be a way of drawing people out, especially if, like me, you are signed in to youtube with your real name.

Nevertheless, the desire to 'come out' and expose my true identity and post things that would also expose them has become like an itch that I am longing to scratch. It no longer seems enough for me to post anonymously. I guess its like standing up to be counted or something along those lines.

Do be careful though if you are still in because they will punish you for speaking out.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

DeWandelaar:

be aware that it may be a snare to catch some that are underground...

Maybe. But you'd have to sign in, and have your actual name on your account, and comment on their videos, and you'd probably also need a picture (because names are rarely unique worldwide), for them to know who you are. And even then, it's quite unlikely that anyone at headquarters would be checking the identifies of commenters, (though some 'zealous' 'publisher' in a local congregation might be willing to 'dob people in'). If in doubt, just set up a separate YouTube (= Google) account.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I'm not completely convinced the pages are official.

If they aren't official, the content will probably be taken down by DMCA notices.

If they are official, they'll probably realise at some point that the 'suggested' videos at the end are probably not stuff the WTS wants people to see.

In either case, I don't think these channels will be around for long.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Sorry, but there is absolutely no way that this is an official channel.. Think for a second about their policy of not "speaking to apostates, listening" etc. , and then read the comments page.. https://www.youtube.com/user/JehovahsWitnessesEN/discussion

• sir82
    sir82

I'm blocked from youtube at work (fortunately not from posting here), so I haven't seen it, but I'd have to say that never in an overlapping generation would the WTS sponsor a youtube channel.

The WTS is all about information control - youtube is far too "wild" an environment for them.

This is some zealous JW publisher who is "running ahead of the chariot" - if his congregation elders (or the WTS) find out who he is he'll be in bug trouble.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Well... maybe someone might be so nice to "tell" the org that you apreciate the official Youtube channel... it may lead to a taking down of it.

It is by the way not promoted on their official site so that is a other reason it can not be official. A other thing: the describtion at the channel is thus small that it can not be official anyways... probably an overzealous JW... also note that on some video's "United States" is written as United State... an american would never make that mistake I think?

• losingit
    losingit

These YouTube sites are also available in other languages, such as German and Italian. It looks very official.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Probably an over-zealous dub. It could be tolerated by the WTBTS. Report it for copyright violation and see if it disappears...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit