I get so tired of people complaining about everything President Obama says or does

by booker-t 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    are you happy with the results under Obama for gay rights?

As I have mentioned before, I will be happy when I am afforded the right to Marry, be able to claim survivorship rights, the right to visit and stay in the hospital if my Partner is in an area where only "Family members" can be, tax breaks, and any other luxury afforded to Heterosexual Couples. Nothing more, nothing less. It hasn't happened yet, so I don't have a lot to be "Happy" with in that regard. Yes, DOMA was overturned, but until state laws actually change to accomodate equality for me, my Partner and other Gay people, I can't say that I or others have too much to be happy about-yet. In 2013, several States can still deny me a job and place to live because of who I choose to love.

Either way, I have never said that Obama has never done anything right. He has helped people just like any other President. BUT, he has also done things to upset a lot of people, again just like any other president in the past. I realise more and more that whether a President claims to be Democrat or Republican, they are all controlled by other entities, especially big corporations and big banks, and it makes them not much more than puppets anyways. He still has 3-1/2 years to go, and if he does something really incredible like he promised before he was elected, I will be one of the first to say Thank you Mr. President, Wow! Great Job. Until then, he will just be another President like Bush, Clinton, or any other Past President who was "Led" rather than one who truly decided to "Lead". Our country needs a leader now, more than any other time in our history. The ball in in Mr. Obama's court. During these last 3-1/2 years will he finally follow through with his promise of transparency and "Hope and Change?" Only time will tell. Either way, I hope the best for our country. We really need it-badly.

Have a good evening!

• BizzyBee
  • integ
    integ

"his race has nothing to do with it."

Sorry Booker..not buying it. Especially when u follow it up by saying:

" I am glad finally we have a black president ".

If his race really had nothing to do with it, why are you so glad we finally have a BLACK president? Why does it matter what his color is and why are you glad he's a 'black' president?

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, being happy over the skin color of your president could be interpreted as closset racism. Unless white people are allowed to be "glad" when a white president is elected? Yeah ... sounds very racist doesn't it !

They only thing that should matter is what policies and practices are put in place under the presidents term (and it shouldn't necessarily be "his" term).

I still think it was wrong for the president to be making public comments about an ongoing investigation and contributing to racial tensions. His recent comments after the verdict have been much closer to what one would expect.

• integ
    integ

I've given up hope that we will ever truly see a color blind society or even that we will ever make substantial gains. It can't happen as long as people of color hold to that "bond of blackness" that supercedes all other considerations. You saw with OJ. 90 some percent of those classifying themselves as black proclaimed OJ's innocence as opposed to a high % of non-blacks who knew he was guilty. IMO it was beyond obvious OJ was guilty but that "bond" shared by people of color clouded over everything in their thinking. C'mon. Are we REALLY still looking for the real killers? Pleeeeeze. You even see it with the witnesses at conventions and especially circuit conventions where you will see about a 1/4 section of the assembly hall filled with nothing but people of color...and the other sections non-black. Some may say it's due to these ones wanting to stay close to those from their home congregations...I think it goes well beyond that. The witnesses are not immune to this racial separation no matter what they try to say or portray. Maybe it's understandable this "bond of blackness" exists. Maybe the history of slavery is partly to blame. Maybe race being the number one self identifier is justified...that's for another post I guess, but from my vantage point I don't see it ever substantially changing. Of course racism coming from non blacks doesn't help, but until ALL RACES stop using race as their number one self identifying factor NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

• Simon
    Simon

integ

Blind support based on skin color doesn't help anyone and just fans the flames of racism.

Everytime there is a high profile case (or something turned into a high profile case) you see blind support because of color.

I understand the history and why that was the norm and necessary many years ago because of persecution - maybe it needs a generation or two to die out (although it seems to be getting worse).

If I see some white defendant or accused do I feel the need to identify with him in some way? Of course not, that would be crazy - I don't know them (hopefully!). Surely it's equally crazy now for people to be do it because they happen to be black?

It happend with OJ and it's happened with TM - almost like a form of mass hysteria. Things like this seem to be more common in society in general though so maybe things will never change and there isn't any hope.

If only people could look at others and just see other people.

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

I think his race has nothing to do with it either. I think people complain because this man had basically broken every single promise he has ever made. He is an inverterate liar. Simple as that. The lapdog of the private bankers signing any law and policy that benefits them finacially and gives them a tighter grip on this planet. People seem to be so easily seduced and beguiled by that charm and smile.

As for improving security.. America is now just one big police state jail.

As regards for Obama being the anti-Christ.. not sure about that. But he certainly seems to be very anti-Christian. Does that qualify?

Obama's Anti-Christian Record

http://www.wisconsinchristiannews.com/view.php?sid=3964

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Very few past presidents have had the ability to "charm" the nation -- to give everyone that "feel good" attitude. Clinton did it. Reagan did it. Plus Clinton started with the press as his PR people, just as did Obama. Reagan did it with his movie star personna via the national media despite what the mainstream press said about him. If Clinton had kept his zipper up, the press would have never had anything negative to say about him (even the conservatives took it out on Hilary instead of Bill).

Obama started with the press in his pocket. The tide has turned somewhat now. Unfortunately, he lacks the charisma to sway many of the American populace and give them that "feel good". Frankly, I think the economy is turning up and he's failing to get that point across. THAT is what would return the "feel good". He simply cannot speak extemporaneously, thus he cannot give a "moving" press conference or interview that touches the heart of people. He is masterful with a tele-prompter, but that limits him to just giving speeches (which are usually too long and never shown in entirety).

Thus, he has never swayed many over to his side by his public performance and worst of all, he has lost his PR department -- the mainstream (liberal) media. It's just the fact that bad news sells more newspapers. If the press would start reporting the GOOD NEWS (no TM), his approval ratings would improve as would the "feel good" attitude of the average Joe Public.

The two-party system worked better under Reagan and Clinton. Both had majorities in Congress that forced cooperation. Today the two parties refuse to play nice together. They would rather see the other party harmed even over the prospect of doing good for the Country. Sad time for America.

JMHO

Doc

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

If his race really had nothing to do with it, why are you so glad we finally have a BLACK president? Why does it matter what his color is and why are you glad he's a 'black' president?

----

On point.

I thought he was a better choice than anyone else. I was one of those innocent people who really believed that others voted for him because of what he stood for or said he stood for - not because he was black.

I got a rude awakening during his 2nd run up when I heard black talk show hosts telling their listeners they HAD to vote Obama BECAUSE he was black. Not because of the issues or what he was going to do or should do - but because of his color.

He hasn't been all bad - I think he has tried to do some things and been hamstrung - but I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter who you vote in - the outcome is already determined on many fronts because money still buys the leadership.

He really lost me however, on the issue of Trayvon Martin. It was pretty clear that his 'my son' speech was a simple political manuever - to get the black vote. It worked. When people harp on what Zimmerman might do to earn a buck to survive after this fiasco of a trial, I think it's far less slimy and much less of an insult than a President that uses a dead child to bolster his base.

sammieswife

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I get so tired of people acting like Obama is a wonderful president....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit