Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• James Brown
    James Brown

I didn't like cops when I was 13 either.

And I don't like cops now that I am retired, I avoid them like the plague.

And when I was a deputy I saw a lot of black officers say I'm not your brother, I'm not your bro, I'm not your homey. In fact that was the standard response of all officers.

I was only a cop because it was the best I could do with a JW education. I would rather have been a fireman. I took the test to be a fireman had the interview, the physical, the polygraph and they came back and said were out of fireman jobs, you wanna be a cop?

I'm white and ride a Harley and when I get pulled over on that because they think I'm an outlaw I got to hope they don't shoot me before I can tell them who I am and who I was.

I've had them pull their gun on me and tell me to move real slow no sudden moves. That was Sgt Rubio of the Largo police a real piece of work.

The outlaws are Florida's version and rival to the Hell's Angels.

And I have been pulled over riding my bicycle and had to lean against the wall and be searched.

This was after I had already been a cop but was not currently on the job. I matched the bolo of a thief.

Nobody likes getting stoped by the popo

• talesin
    talesin

JB

Yes, the profiling extends to all sorts, not just race. Bikers, homeless, persons with MI, etc. Thank the goddess for good cops like yourself. Thanks for your service!

xo

tal

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I was only a cop because it was the best I could do with a JW education

JB - You were a cop while a JW? If so, did you get counseled from nosy elder asking about carrying a gun?

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Reading the comments here about bullies with badges reminded me of a fantastic experience I had with Highway patrol

I was pulled over for not going fast enough, then given a ticket for speeding when I argued. I called to report it and he outright lied about the stop.

A bit long to put here, but if you're curious here is the post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/138836/1/I-am-so-mad-right-now-I-am-in-a-rage

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

SeventhSojourn,

I am afraid i just don't see where Simon has presented false facts about the case. Could you please direct me to those> I have been reading and don't see the false facts. I only see the facts brought out in the hearing. Some others in here actually misquoting or twisting things, like claiming GZ was told not to get out of the car. That is false information. I see Simon correcting things like that. But not claiming things as fact that are not in the trial.

This thread is confusing to say the least.

• TD
    TD

Paralipomenon

If they wanted a shot at a conviction, they should have argued manslaughter from the start. As such, tossing manslaughter in at the very last second gave the jury very little to work with.

Voluntary manslaughter is a very similar scenario to 2nd degree murder. The biggest difference between the two is that the former involves an extreme provocation as a mitigating factor justifying a lesser sentence.

If you suddenly discovered that a JW elder had molested your child and you shot him dead on the spot, that likely would be considered voluntary manslaughter instead of 2nd degree murder.

The standard of proof would be virtually the same though.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Sorry folks, I have been out on vacation.

Just heard the verdict. I didn't follow the case nor the testimony 100%. I have to defer to the jurors who sat through the whole thing. It's how the system works. Florida has this law that supports one's right to self defense, including using deadly force if one fears for their life. From now reading wiki, it's clear that there was a fist fight of 30+ seconds, Zimmerman cried for help, Zimmerman had substanstial head injuries, and Trevon was shot. In leading up to it, this "gated community" in which they lived was a rough neighborhood with police calls. Zimmerman nor Trevon were star citizens, each with their good and bad points.

For a criminal conviction, it has to be "beyond a reasonable doubt" to find someone criminally culpable. If the defense can raise reasonable doubt in a juror's mind, then the man walks. The standard in criminal cases is very high. Beyond a reasonable doubt, while there is no absolute % given in the law or by judges, is talked about in legal journals as being 90% and above certain one did it. "Clear and convincing" is a lower threshold, And, "preponderance of the evidence" even lower (over the 50% likelihood).

I can't help but think that Michael Jackson and OJ Simpson were found "Not Guilty", becuase those jurors found reasonable doubt. It didn't cause racial riots. Again, had to defer to the jurors who sat through those trials.

Now, if Zimmerman is really a bad, racist, he'll repeat his actions and/or end up in jail. OJ is now in jail, heh? Justice is a slow grinder, but it does grind.

But, rioting and black gangs beating up innocent Hispanics in the name on "Trevon" does not bring honor. It just furthers the stereotype. Just like it did in the past riots in Miami and LA. BTW, this stupidity just helps the next Hispanic/white man's case under Florida's law. Think about it. Lose your emotions and be rational.

Skeeter

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was only a cop because it was the best I could do with a JW education JB - You were a cop while a JW?

If so, did you get counseled from nosy elder asking about carrying a gun?

They tormented and persecuted me. They wouldn't leave me alone. They came out of the woodwork when they found out.

I was young and stupid to even tell them but as a witness I was kind of an open book.

I finally told them leave me alone and never talk to me like a JW again. I never went to a meeting after becoming a sheriff in 83.

I wasn't planning on quitting the JW's but they wouldn't leave me alone.

After my first week with the Sheriff I would not take any JW phone calls or answer the door for them.

My wife would tell me brother so and so wants to talk to you. I would tell her and people in hell want ice water also.

By 83, I was real suspicious about the truth because Armageddon didn't come in 75 and still wasn't here in 83.

Before that I was a pioneer for a year in 73 and a ministerial servant who gave Public talks regularly.

But I didn't put anything in writing and so I can still talk to witnesses, and witness family. I say who wants to?

It seems they want to talk to me a lot more than I want to talk to them. But we don't talk about religion any more.

My wife comes from a large Italian witness family half are in half are out. I pretty much talk to all of them.

Have been to their homes for meals, party's anniversaries even had a big JW wedding last October.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In a nutshell,

1st degree murder is where it is a planned, intentional killing. For example, the school shootings in Connecticut. That's 1st degree murder. You get a long time in jail, death/lethal injection, life in prison, etc. Unless you were legally insane, which is different then pyschologically insane btw.

2nd degree manslaughter/homicide is where you kill a person, but you were someone given a grace by the law due to the circumstances you were in. For examlple, "heat of passion" manslaughterr where you immediately come home, see your spouse in bed with her lover, and you shoot them both with the gun you keep. Yes, for a moment you did plan the killings but it was done out of an unusual circumstance you are not likely to be in in the future. The jail sentance isn't that long. This is where they were trying Zimmerman. He didn't set out that day to kill Travon, there was a split second intention based on the situation he was in.

Manslaughter can be an unintentional killing. For example, you have too much to drink, drive, and kill someone. Vehicular homicide. You get a few years in jail.

All of these crimes are excepted if there is a self defense. Generally, self defense has been equal force for equal force. The moment you "up the anty" then you turn to the agressor. Here's where Florida has changed its law. If you reasonably fear for your life, even though the person only has his fists and what you think is a gun, it's ok to kill. There must be a criminal law to be found guilty. If there is no written law against it, you aren't going to jail. Likewise, if a defense is written in the law and you can prove to a jury that that's why you acted in that way, then you go free.

George Zimmerman with a bloody, swollen nose in the back seat of a police car on the night of the shooting. [88] [89] The back of Zimmerman's head at the police station. [90] There's the pictures. The glove didn't fit in this case either.

Skeeter

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The Department of Justice - Civil Rights Division - has just set up a hotline for TIPS - an email for all the George Zimmerman haters to go to and tell them what you know about his racist actions. What have you seen George do? How has he treated you? Did he comment on your hoodie in a racist way? Did he wink at you with hate in his eyes? We want all and anything you have - send it to our email - lets bring this man to justice!

Now I have seen everything there is to see - the USA is screwed and screwed up so badly there are only so many ways out of this.

George Zimmerman under the rule of law, was investigated by the FBI and found innocent of any hate or racial crime. The police never got a chance to complete their investigation because the State began their witch hunt and that chain of command goes all the way to the Federal government. So the State, alligned with a whole slew of government association, forced him to house arrest for a year and a half, forced him to quit his job, he has no income, his wife and his family are in hiding, death threats, bounty, bullet proof clothing - then he finally goes to court to face charges in that nation of laws - he is tried by the best the State has - he is treated like a bag of dirt by the media and the race baiters even before he got his day in court - and still - he was found not guilty of the crime and freed. Now that great nation of laws didn't like the verdict so now they have to find another charge so the tape can be rewound. Now they want those with all that hate and racial information on George to line up with their stories - let's get the circus rolling down the road people! Come on lets go!

So - what are the options? A civil war within the USA - maybe because what is being shown to the whole world here is a massive sense of fraud and corruption and hypocrisy in the whole system top to bottom. You find a guy innocent by virtue of your own law - your own system - and because that verdict isn't popular, you are willing to try and get people to squeal or spy or tell stories just to get a case against this same guy? Your hate runs that deep?

The only other option is for Zimmerman to go to the largest city he can - lets say New York. Find the tallest post he can in the busiest section of the city and hang himself. Only then will it appease the masses who want blood - not law - not justice - just blood. If they see him swing and the media can cover it for months, and the politicians can claim they did nothing, and the race baiters can smile and say 'now we can move forward'..well, everyone will be happy - they can once again put their hand over their heart and proclaim 'the best country on gods green earth'....'we are a nation of laws'....and we believe in the right to life and liberty.

You might not like the rant but this seems to have gone too far. A political lynching? Now Jessie Jackson calls in the UN to intervene in this?????WTH..where do any of you really think this is going? To progress toward some peaceful dreamland? This is just getting more insane every day. Your system has become a joke and the rest of the world watches in amazement...A special email set up to take all those TIPS in order to make a case? There is so much wrong with this its pathetic.

Good luck America.

You really need it.

sw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit