Since leaving watchtower what has been your biggest act of rebellion?

by 3rdgen 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

I got baptized.

Became organizer to my area's ex-JW meetup group (I'm hoping a better organizer comes along--I'm not that good at it).

Dressed up as Martin Luther for Halloweeen.

Celebrated Christmas, Lent, Easter.

I skipped the Memorial and did Maundy Thursday instead.

I've attended a church every Sunday since I've left without missing as of yet. During X-mas weekend, I visited five churches (four different denominations).

I tell outsiders that JWs are a cult--that puzzles them. Then I tell them what goes on inside the cult and they are floored.

• Heath N
    Heath N

Going to a nude beach........enjoyed it........no big deal.......will do it again.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Well, let's see:

I currently have 3 girlfriends, two of them practically live with me, one of them is married to the son of one of the elders from my old congregation.

Various types and forms of non-vanilla, non-missionary-style sex without being married, threesomes, foursomes

Kissing a guy, kissing many girls

I think I did all the holidays over the last year

Marching in the pride parade next week! Since I'm not yet disfellowshipped and still an 'ordained' minister, I have been called upon by some people that know the religion (I know a couple of ex-witnesses) to do impromptu weddings in Jehovah's name!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Once I cleared the jw mind control I never saw any behaviour as rebellious, rather just catching up on normal experiences that men go through in their lives. On the other hand I am writing my experiences down for my children and they have read the drafts. My son just laughs and my daughter who is very open minded said her kids aren't reading it until they are eighteen!

• rmt1
    rmt1

@ Truth seeker 674. That's a subtle distinction. On the one hand, achieving liberty to be your own person means just getting on with your life and demonstrating by word and deed that the WTS was a hypocritical sham. That's good for you. On the other hand, you can pay forward (or pay back) by taking actions that intervene, in any small way, in someone else having their own life stolen by these vultures. That's good for another, like Jesus said... :0

• cantleave
    cantleave

Organise Ex-JW birthday, halloween and xmas parties.

Meet up with mentally diseased apostates and eat with them at restuarants.

Use very colourful language in everyday conversation.

Taken the time to understand the fundamentals of evolutionary biology, and dismissed the idea of god as total fallacy.

Oh and get JW's to take photos of me with them.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

cantleave-- and what do you do with the photos of you & the Jdumbs??? LOL

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

unicorns-- I think yours probably wins the Jdumb award of demonized LOL!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

My first rebellious act was to buy a lottery ticket. I did it on-line so it wasn't quite as wild as brazenly going ino a shop and buying it but I didn't get struck by lightening when I won a tenner either.

Buying a birthday card in a shop was a bit scary, returning seasonal greetings at xmas gave a real sense of freedom, singing the xmas carols in my head in shops with no guilt, getting involved in local politics, signing petitions, swearing...............a lot, meeting my first apostate and realising he didn't have horns nor a forked tail.

And so much more rebellion still to enjoy.

Lovin' it!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Couple tattoos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit