Since leaving watchtower what has been your biggest act of rebellion?

by 3rdgen 74 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Grew a goatee.

Voted.

Tattoo.

Smoke Cigars.

Celebrate Halloween and other holidays and birthdays.

Soon I will donate blood and/or plasma.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Celebrated birthdays, new years, and, Halloween and started going back to college. It does feel good to be free to pursue my interests.

• tornapart
    tornapart

So far... I know it's not much but it gives me a buzz... wishing my 'worldy' friends a happy birthday. (Can't do much more as I'm still 'in' and have family all in).

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

oooooooohhhhhh donating blood is a good one. I still have to be careful about being seen since we are faders who must stay that way for awhile longer. I hate that we live in an area where everyone knows everyone (or is married to their cousin).

• Mum
    Mum

Living well, being happy, not letting others' opinions ruin my day, getting a college degree, having a "live and let live" philosophy.

• Mum
    Mum

I participated in the Silentlambs March in Brooklyn in 2003.

I went to London to do a Silentlambs protest there as well. One other person (who used to post here as "dungbeetle") and I were all who participated.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well my first act of rebellion was to attend an office Christmas party at the age of 21 where I proceeded to get smashed off my butt on champagne, dance all night, & had to be carried up the stairs to my apartment by my co workers. Best night of my life!!! That's the act that got me disfellowshipped, and 3 elders told me "the charge is public drunkeness" LOL

Since then my favorite act of rebellion is to take care of my sexual needs myself on occasion with no guilt, only pleasure. It's so natural, it's very silly how religions make such a big deal out of it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Oh, and also-- listening to any type of music I feel like and not caring what type of morals the entertainers have, because I could not care less!!!

Making true friends who are not phony, based on religion.

I could go on, and on, and on, and on.............................................

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

It Seems i might have a long list

-Celebrated all the holidays since January

- Got my belly pierced

- Hubby grew a beard/ goatee

- Smoked cigars

- Went to a punk rock concert

-Planning on getting a tattoo( still drawing out my design)

-Planning with the family to go donate blood

-started college

-hubby applying for police academy

-my girls are in the girl scouts

all this rebellion in 10 months lol I'm sure there will be more

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We have been celebrating the holidays and loving every minute of it. My husband never celebrated since he was a born in but I did and I know how to make them fun!! He received a Fathers Day card from the kids and grandchildren and he had big tears in his eye and choked up and said "how can this be so terrible"!

I won't be getting a tattoo at 57 years old but if I were to get one it would be a watchtower with a circle around it and a red line drawn through it like the ghostbusters sign!! We joke bout that all the time.

I will register to vote because it is my right as a citizen.

I am not a rebellious person to begin with but I will continue to do what makes me happy as long as I don't hurt myself or anyone in the process.

i joined a bowling league and hubby has joined some meet ups to play music.

Brother of the Hawk, how did you go to meetings with a pierced ear?? I am sure that was a lot of fuel for gossip!! Lol!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit