Since leaving watchtower what has been your biggest act of rebellion?

by 3rdgen 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Purza
    Purza

We recently moved into a duplex. One Saturday morning I saw the neighbor getting into his car around 9:15 dressed in a suit and appeared to carry a bible. Not 100% he was a dub, but I changed my wi-fi name to "Satan."

Hey - it's the little (rebellious) things.

Purza

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

To me, doing anything with intent and them as the motivation,would be proof that they still had control over me. The last thing I did that would be considered rebellious was to throw out all my old literature. Throw is probably not the right word. Hurled....slammed...ripped and shreadded would more accurately describe what really happened.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Voted in every local, state and federal election.

Donated whole blood on many occasions.

Joined a church.

Said the Pledge of Allegiance.

Had good times with 'worldly' people and no one did drugs, drank alcohol or hit on members of the opposite or same sex.

Listened to Contemporary Christian music.

Gave the Watchtower god my middle finger.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Telling my mum she could celebrate my birthday! Poor thing hasn't been able to do it since I was 16. Oh and I'm reading The Lord of the Rings again.

My husband's has been to cultivate a bushy beard.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Got tattoos, celebrate birthdays and holidays, voted, got Bachellors in humanities and another in science, got puking drunk a few times, puffed on A cigarette, went to a Unitarian church service, got palms read, got fortunes read, seldom shave, am participating in a Hubble Space Telescope proposal to take data on a hot jupiter. The Holy Grail of exoplanet science being the quest to find extraterrestrial life, ergo, evidence of evolution.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Been on TV 3 times telling all who would listen that the WT is a cult.( Sally Jessie Rhapheal) Rogers TV)
    Forgot the guys name of the other one. .Picketed Bethel Brooklyn with a bus load of other exjws.
    Picketed other Assemblies of JWS .I aint called mouthy for nothing.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Mouthy Grace. Where do you find the energy for all these things?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Occasionally i've not used the New World Translation

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

My biggest act of rebellion was just getting on with my life. I have a very nice familly of my own now. I met a wonderfull women and got married had kids. My children are university educated with science degrees now, much to the displeasure of my parents. Just living free.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Beard

Telling my mother she's in a batshit religion (didn't go down to well)

Birthdays

Christmas

Easter

Mothers Day

Fathers Day

Accept blood transfusion .................... actually telling hospital that i'm no longer a jdub

1 nite stand

probably many others but i'm to tired to think of them right now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit