A Video Series about 607 BC vs 587 BC

by Londo111 272 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

ICeltic

The matching up of 1914 is not the problem because that is what History is all about. History seeks to explain our past, where we came from and the Why's and the How's are all valid questions that historians seek to explain. 1914 is considered to be by many prominent intellectuals the most significant event in recent human history epecially in the last century and with its Centennary approaching one would expect similar expressions and opinion to be offered.

What is most interesting that this is a prophetic year proclaimed by those early Bible Students validated by careful Bible and NB chronology which enhances its lustre. Russell in his times used Pyramidology as an additional witness to Bible chronology and perhaps we can look back think that was rather silly but one needs to suspend judgement on matters far removed from his present position. Mistakes perceived in the past are like stepping=stones upon which knowledge grows and illuminates and all of us have a 'past', history is littered with error, mistakes accompanied by the light of truth so we today must always consider the past in context. Whatever, the outlook they were proven to be correct with the outbreak of the Great War in 1914.

I am glad that you enjoy Jeffro's post and so do I for he needs all the encouragement he can get as he disputes with scholar!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholiar:

There is no room for dogma in chronology.

LOL.

Rodger Young supports 587 BCE but his regnal lists for the Divided Monarchy supports WT chronology.

The comparison is meaningless. And Young does not support the years assigned by "WT chronology" for the Divided Monarchy anyway.

Chronology = Methodology+Interpretation

You're still not using the word "methodology" correctly.

The Fall of Assyria marking the beginning of the seventy years is problematic because no year can be positively asserted for not all historians would agree that 609 BCE should be the only marker for the purposes of chronology.

Many works clearly indicate that the Assyrian empire disappears from history in 609. Aside from that, if you truly believed the Bible, you would acknowledge that a significant event - the end of the Assyrian empire - occurred in 609 BCE, 70 years before Babylon was called to account in 539. You are clearly just plain dishonest.

Jeremiah's prophecy restricts this to Judah alone

No. It doesn't. You're a liar. Jeremiah is explicitly told to take the 'cup' to a bunch of nations.

The foundation for 607 BCE is as firm as ever

Well, yes, it's as firm as it ever was. That is, not firm at all. You are continually forced to admit that you have nothing but speculation for your endpoint of the 70 years, and you count from the wrong event anyway. You know very well that 607 is (mathetmatically) entirely reliant on their selection of 537, but dogmatically tied to 1914 instead.

You know full well that scholars and historians nominate 586 rather than 587.

You know that's a lie, and not even supported by your beloved "WT scholars". It hardly matters whether you erroneously focus on the 'legacy' of Edwin Thiele, as he's not the only source. Further, 586 is not possible in light of what is stated in the book of Jeremiah.

even thoughthe leadership changed at Babylon with the Medo-Persian Empire the exiled Jews still remained in Babylon

That has nothing to do with what is stated at Jeremiah 25, which says nothing about 70 years of exile.

Jeremiah 29:10 indicates that the Jews would be released after Babylon's 70 years ended; 29:12-14 further indicates that the Jews wouldn't immediately be in Jerusalem at the end of the 70 years, but that the 70 years would end, then they would pray, and then be brought back to their land.

I do not desperately seek scholarship to support 607 BCE.

That's a lie. If you thought a single scholar actually supported 607, you'd be all over it.

WT chronology is supported by secular chronology with the adjustment of the seventy years. ... For example if a watch is out of sync with some standard of time the watchmaker uses a screwdriver to adjust the watch so that it tells the corect time.

Nope. As I previously showed with an animation on this thread, even without the 20-year gap in the WTS' delusional chronology, they've also distorted other events during the early part of Nebuchadnezzar's reign. BM 21946 disproves the WT distortions.

Don't you love this powerful illustration?

Idiot.

Jeremiah 25; 12 quite clearly foretold the fate of the king, the land and territory as I have explained many times in great detail on this forum.

That's a stupid argument. There was no Neo-Babylonian king after 539. No judgement befell Babylon's king in 537, irrespective of some eventual 'judgement' on the land. In any case, it's still inhabited. The preserved heritage area (less than half a kilometre across) is surrounded by modern buildings with parked cars, and is located near a city of over 350,000 people. http://goo.gl/maps/JM7WC.

I raise the matter of COJ with Jeffro because Jeffro has simply rpeated or rehashed the Jonsson nonsense. He says that he has noit read COJ but how can he be trusted.? If you trust his word fine but for me the coincidence is too much. If Jeffro used scholarship as COJ has done then that would give some credibilkity to his independent research but Jeffro shows no interest in such therefore suspicsion remains.

Idiot.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

scholiar:

I have answered and responded to all of the issues and question asked of me on this forum

Saying something that amounts to 'that can't be true because the Watch Tower Society says something else' is not a response.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Do you want me to go away? If so then I will.

We can only hope.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Neil, you being cheeky back to Jeffro kinda takes away from your argument as well, it goes both ways. I'd be I tested in seeing the specific quotes from the many that support wt view.

• scholar
    scholar

Comatose True, scholar likes to play but he also likes to help. My purpose on this forum is not to convert others on matters of chronology but simply to defend our Bible chronology. Scholar is largely reviled on this forum with the exception of the gentleness and sweetness of AnnOMaly who loves the rough and tumble of strong debate and one wonders how long he will continue. Perhaps until he gets bored as he has in the past. scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

iCeltic:

always calling scholar an idiot isn't the best, name calling begins to take away from what you are saying, just my view and you're welcome to ignore it.

I understand your view, but much of what scholar presents, including his slanderous claims about my methods and motives, is just stupid.

For example:

I am glad that you enjoy Jeffro's post and so do I for he needs all the encouragement he can get as he disputes with scholar!

Idiot.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Scholar, I agree that mistakes help us grow, the only difference is that mistakes from the wt aren't admitted and people's lives are affected by these arrogant mistakes.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Jeffro, agreed, it is rather frustrating reading his posts.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Comatose:

Scholar knows how he posts. He isn't trying to help anyone.

Oh, but he is helping them. Readers can see his specious arguments for what they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit