"The organisation is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

by Alive! 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kaik
    kaik

SimonSays, if you attempt to copy entire post from someone else, at least you can add a link. Since this sermon is 10 years old and I have read it at the time it was posted, it took me 5s to google it out. Additionally, I have read both St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas as required literature in the college I know exactly what the authors had said. I have both publications. Both authors are founder of Catholic philosophy, and I do not necessary consider Augustine views as authoritative for faith and religion, nor to be considered to be the "Truth". There is a bit difference what Jews believe, which would be detrimental in the time when NT was written versus Catholic church dogma developed centuries afterwards.

So not sure why on the board of ex-JWs you are attempting to validate YOUR religious view written by catholic philosophers of the past.

• kaik
    kaik

SimonSays, you attempted to insert unintelligent lies as my comments like here: "Knorr behind the iron curtain, a topic you swore an allegiance to and it fell flat"... No I have not, only pointed you do know nothing about the topic, so you should STFU and not debate into something you are clueless about. Since Knorr was not part of the original post, there is not need to deviate from it. If you want to debate Knorr, set up your own topic board.

Any case, since you are not only mentally challenged, you are also primitive anti-semite (yes, your picture of the Jew puppeteer you had posted is antisemitic), there is nothing else to debate with you except to sent you somewhere where sun does not shine. "I have debated intellectually or harshly with Cardinals, Bishops, Fathers, Priest. I give everyone the opportunity to impress me.".... funny and narcissist, hahaha.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    double posted
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

Baptism itself has pagan origin and was associated with river god in Middle East. Judaism does not teach baptism. Mikvah has no relationship to baptism as it was used regularly by the community like in Yom Kippur and cleansing of pots used in synagogues.

Similarities can be found between pagan rituals and those ordained by God in the Bible. But that does not mean that those ordained by God have a pagan origin, such as Korban and Mikveh in ancient Israel were also practiced by the heathens. "Jews" today, too practice Mikveh in a river or lake, or a swimming pool containing at least one drop of rain water. Christian Baptism does not have a pagan origin as you assert. It began with John the Baptist and the NT shows that his Baptism was "from God." Also, there is only one word in the Bible that is similar to the Talmud: lice. Similar to the Christian baptism, Mikvah is part of conversion to Judaism. I find no similarities between the SimonSays cartoon posted and anything Jewish. 1: "Jews" believe that Satan is an angel doing his Job (will they be surprised!) 2. The puppeteer is some enemy of God, not necessarily a "Jew" because "Jews" wear beards and do not wear long hair as shown in the cartoon. History shows that JWS have never harmed Jews, the reverse is not true.

• yodastar
    yodastar

I have heard this rubbish years ago as well. If someone slighted us - oh well don't worry the big J will sort him out eventually. There have been some incredible posts on this topic and yes everyone is imperfect but I liked Billy's post. You said it perfectly!

I guess it comes down to - if you can actually believe a fairy tale like the bible doesn't it?

• kaik
    kaik

Fisherman, baptism is pagan origin and has nothing to do with mikvah. Any rabbi will tell you that. Rituals in mikvah have not association of baptism. Jews would be according to your logic baptized multiple times through their life. Ritual sumbersion existed also in ancient Greece. Act that St. John performed in baptism can be associated with river worship cult popular in Middle East. Good book on this topic is 'River of God, The: A New History of Christian Origins' by Gregory J. Riley. There other books going back to early 19th century, and even earlier. This NOT a new finding, but it was known among general public for at least 150 years.

A troll with sn SimonSays posted nonsense on devil with a Hisadic Jew puppeteer, associated five elements from Greek's system of beliefs on elements of the universe that became in 16th century a symbol of Satanism; and you do not see nothing wrong with it. I do. I see it as antisemitic where this creature associates Jews with Satan worshiping. I find it utterly insulting and disgusting. Your denial will not change a bit. He deliberately choose Jewish character to associate with Satan.

And please spear me of your BS with this "History shows that JWS have never harmed Jews, the reverse is not true." JWS are antisemitic and I have encountered it through entire life from JWs circles, from field service, KH, and from this website by others. If you have a bit of decency left in you would not defend indefensible.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

2. The puppeteer is some enemy of God, not necessarily a "Jew" because "Jews" wear beards and do not wear long hair as shown in the cartoon. .....Fisherman

Benjamin "Bibi" Netanyahu is the

Current Prime Minister of Israel..................................Orthodox Jews

..............Image result for Israel prime minister....................................Image result for Jew with long hair

...............................................Image result for Dumbass award

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"dumb..."

Outlaw, ALL of your posts speak for you. Need I say more?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    "Kaik", You can post what you like to believe. That is all it is and nothing more.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, ALL of your posts speak for you......Fisherman

What was your 1st clue Sherlock?..

Need I say more?....Fisherman

Considering your Demonstratably Wrong Almost 100% of the Time..

I Hope Not..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit