"The organisation is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

by Alive! 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The only relationship one can obtain through the Watchtower Corporation is supporting and embracing a cunning deviously corrupt commercialized false prophet.

Jehovah isn't near this organization and is against if you carefully read the bible.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Miss behaving, your observations are incredibly mature and profound. You can get on your soapbox around here anytime! Welcome.
  •  taciturn exterior
    taciturn exterior
    My goal is, very simply, to share the Good News truthfully, to live a dedicated Christian life truthfully, to encourage my brothers and sisters truthfully, and in all of it to trust Jehovah to accomplish his will as he sees fit

So again, I wonder at the motivations to such unprovoked negativity. What is it to them that I make a choice that has nothing to do with them? What do such people want, ultimately, that they feel so motivated to negativity and insults?

Brother Jeramy,

You are insulting to many of us because you live a lie to keep your ‘culture’ and your ‘family’ while we have given up everything to actually live truthfully. We’ve lost our children, our parents, our brothers, our sisters, all of our friends, and our ‘culture’ because we had to be HONEST with ourselves and everyone else.

You call yourself a JW, but you are not a JW, you are an apostate to the JW religion. You call yourself a Christian, but you live a lie.

So don’t come around here and call yourself a “truthful” and honest Christian and expect those of us who actually DO live an honest life to cosign your BS.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As for Jehovah, if I were him I'd be embarrassed to have my name associated with this bunch, they've done more damage to it then the rest of 'Satan's' world put together......Miss Behaving

Thats a good,well thought out post for a 1st timer..Not bad at all..

Something else to consider..

The name Jehovah is a 13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake..

If there is a God..

Would God want people Pounding on Doors to Announce a Name he Never Had?!..

...........I`m a 13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake Witness

....Join our 13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake Religion..OR..

..............13th Century Catholic Translation Mistake God..

............................Will Destroy you at Armageddon!!..

..........................Image result for Homer simpson doh

...................http://www.moneyaftergraduation.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/TIQWY.jpg.gif

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

Thanks for the welcome. I don't feel much like talking about my experiences yet, but I'll put together some sort of introduction in another thread.

I wasn't around for those good old days when JWs were taught the distinction between Jehovah and his organization, but I'm perfectly capable of thinking of them as separate entities. In fact, I did so for quite a while. As soon as I was old enough to see the difference between the eloquence of the bible, and their loaded language, the love described by Jesus and the hatred in the different congregations I attended. It was my only way of settling the cognitive dissonance between my spirituality and this rather un-spiritual group.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that my love for this Jehovah failed when I realized that he was not off the hook for what 'his' organization did.

If a cigarette company began using my name and image to sell their product, I'd be horrified and do everything I could to separate myself from them. If I took payment through said company,(prayers, worship etc.) It wouldn't matter how loudly I protested their actions, I would be culpable.

If you listen to how JWs tell it, he supposedly needs them, to 'make his name known'. If I were a loving God, I'd let myself be forgotten if the cost was hurting this many innocent people.

Due to the actions of this organization acting in his name, I'd need to see serious proof of his supposedly high moral standard, before I'd ever consider making him my God again.

Of course, if he doesn't exist, I'm sort of arguing over the ethics of the tooth fairy :P

To continue beating my deceased horse of an illustration:

Even if a person is lucky enough to not be affected by the child abuse, blood issue, and induced poverty. The um, 'lung cancer' lets say. The 'smoke' or cult aspect effects everyone in it. Jehovah's Witnesses take the beautiful complexity that is human nature and flattens and controls it, to the point where a grown man like Mister J here, isn't free to speak his own convictions publicly in his congregation.

A cigarette company is set up to make cigarettes, and is unlikely to change it's infrastructure to begin making, say, paper dolls. A cult is designed to be a cult, and I'm not waiting around for it to become any warmer or fuzzier. Jehovah or no Jehovah.

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

@Outlaw

Rofl! That was amazing!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Miss Behaving,

" JEHOVAH " is a thought-form.

" Thought forms are dependent on the people who generate the mental energy empowering them. Good or bad, they are expressions of human creativity. Take away our energy and focus, and they weaken. Some are positive influences in our lives, and their relationship with us is symbiotic. Others are negative, and the relationship is parasitic because they depend on our anger and fear for their power; anger and fear ultimately weaken us mentally, physically, and spiritually."

DD

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

Thanks for the Interesting thought. I'll keep it in mind in case that's the way it works. I'm not normally brimming with disagreeable sentiments about Jehovah, the thread just touched a sore spot for me.

Love for Jehovah seems to be a thought-stopping technique. When I left I discovered that it didn't matter how much logic or evidence I had. I kept being asked "Well, do you love Jehovah?" With the implication that if I did, I should shut up and go along.

In a way, I get the logic. People set up corporations to limit their personal liability. Sure, I can love the CEO and hate the company, but at a certain point he faces accountability too.

It was the day when I finally let go of that attachment to him, that I was able to be free. That's also the day I got kicked out onto the street, hence the er, sore spot.

Thought-form eh? Time to do some google-ing.

• RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

Hi. I'm a lurker, this is my first post. I'm kind of young so I haven't really felt qualified to contribute, but here I go anyway:

After I became disillusioned with my religion, I still 'loved Jehovah'. I loved him deeply and sincerely because in my mind I equated him with the creator, and there's a lot to love about creation.

I don't think so anymore. If there is a being out there responsible for our world, why would he limit himself to a single faith? Diversity is inherent in our biological systems. Wouldn't he reflect the qualities of his own creation? Also, if such a being existed, why would he choose such a hateful group as his single channel on earth, and then punish the rest of us for not joining it?

Misbehaving

The purpose of this website is for all of us to share our journey together, there's not age requirement or time spent on hours here for you to comment what's been happening in your life. Please do share, you have every right to help us learn through your personal travels through the Organization. I wish everyone who visited this site would feel comfortable enough to share their point of view, I know the Owner of JWN would love everyone sharing their experiences and deeply feels all visitors have something of value to share, just ask them! Welcome and I hope you hang around until things begin to make sense or you can your traction like we all are trying too.

Next poster:

"I still believe in God and have faith in his provisions but I found I couldn't remain actively preaching as a Jehovah's Witness and not feel a complete hypocrite. A friend commented to me that they can join in preaching but never mention some primary teachings that they are not happy with. I felt identifying myself as Jehovah's Witness would show my support. I have gone back to the hall at times but not to joining in the preaching work and after awhile I found there was little point especially if I was honest to all about how I felt. In the future who knows what changes will be made and maybe I would be able to whole heartedly support the kingdom preaching done by Jehovah's Witnesses but I feel God doesn't want lukewarm activity."

Nice post, I think many here are where you are, we are trying to find the Truth without realizing the fact that, No Organization has the Truth! Time after time, False Prophets, greedy deceivers pretending to know what God wants go beyond what is written and why? Their goal is to separate you from your family, mind and money until your a enemy against the Good News Jesus Christ preached and that which the Apostles picked up and further expounded on from the Holy Spirit! It's hard after being told "You have the truth" realizing we all got tricked and gave away our most precious resource, our health and life to further the interest of a $$$ Publishing Company producing lies!

• RoyalFlushPhil
    RoyalFlushPhil

Outlaw, Fernando do you know how many of us here believe in God and are trying to search for answers we never got through the Watchtower? I was wondering if Marvin Shillmer is agnostic or deists, how many people here still are seeking answers and trying to gain more understanding about the truth?

Is there any threads where people have said they still believe in a Intelligent Being that created the Universe, some people don't post here because they get attacked immediately which is not cool. Why can't people express themselves about I.D. without getting slammed? There are assumptions made by people who claim we don't need a Creator and that's their view and nobody calls them stupid. Why can't we all show respect towards each person, if your going to get them to see things your way, Grandma said "You catch more flies with Honey than Vinegar".

Finkelstein10 hours ago

The only relationship one can obtain through the Watchtower Corporation is supporting and embracing a cunning deviously corrupt commercialized false prophet.

Jehovah isn't near this organization and is against if you carefully read the bible.

You are so right Finkel, if anyone would read Galatians-3 John they would realize it's impossible for the Watchtower Organization to be Christian, thank you for providing that gem of insight, very smart! They are cunning and I personally believe have hired a Madison Avenue PR machine a

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit