"The organisation is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

by Alive! 160 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Just remember how Jerkhobo is broke because of all the pedophile cases he has to pay for, and how he finally directed the GB start a televangelism website, complete with solicitations for money!!

DD

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, Fernando do you know how many of us here believe in God and are trying to search for answers we never got through the Watchtower?.....RoyalFlushPhil

Nope..

Nor do I have any Idea what that post was about..LOL!!..

Are you serious?.. Is it a joke?..Are you trying to make a point?..

........................Image result for throw me a bone

• SimonSays
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"The organization is imperfect..."

It isn't just the organization. It's not just the corporate nature and ever-changing teachings that are imperfect. The GB is imperfect. Everyone in bethel, the branch committees, the DOs, the COs, and the translators are all imperfect. The elders and MSs are all imperfect. Everyone in the congregations are imperfect. And if you brought a beautiful, flawless, newborn baby into the hall, JWs will tell you that baby is an imperfect sinner because about 6000 years ago a naked lady chatted with a talking snake and then ate an apple.

Obviously, the imperfection doesn't stop with the organization and people in it. The bible is clearly imperfect and crumbles under the slightest scrutiny. Deut 22: 28.29 explains that the punishment for rape was that the victim be sold to the rapist for the price of a slave. Is it any wonder that WT has a problem with child rapists when they worship a Bronze Age god whose "perfect law" made a raped virgin marry her rapist? And the bible has lots of stories that clearly aren't true: the flood, the building materials and sacrifices at Solomon's temple, etc.

Obviously, jehovah is imperfect. Not only is his Big Book of Jewish Fables brimming with make-believe stories, it paints jehovah as a tyrant with serious anger management issues. And strangely, although he could slaughter thousands on a whim, he was powerless when confronted by chariots with iron scythes. (Judges 1:19) A Bronze Age deity just can't be 'perfect' anymore when the Iron Age starts.

... but it doesn't affect my relationship with Jehovah"

Having a relationship with that Bronze Age god is the same as having a relationship with any other invisible sky-daddy:

• "The organization is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Zeus"
    • "The organization is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Ahura Mazda"
    • "The organization is imperfect, but it doesn't affect my relationship with Santa" (Okay, I guess technically he is a Plastic Age deity.)
  • kaik
    kaik

SimonSays, that picture is antisemitic. Additionally, Jews do not believe in devil, this is Christian invention. Satan in Judaism is not someone who oppose G-d, but a person who is used by G-d to conduct investigation on someone else misconduct. Earth-Water-Air-Fire-Spirit are symbols of creation from ancient Greece and totally unrelated to Christianity or Judaism.

Outlaw, problem with apologetic crowd outside JWs is that they are often more extreme than the WT and believe that WT is not going far enough to push crazy religious agenda. While JW are cult and have extremist understanding of Bible, there are still crazier Christian denominations than WT. These people believe that WT is channel of god's communication, but feel that it is not sufficient or the leadership is not good enough. They created parallel ministry and bring JW beliefs into much extreme thinking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, problem with apologetic crowd outside JWs is that they are often more extreme than the WT and believe that WT is not going far enough to push crazy religious agenda. While JW are cult and have extremist understanding of Bible, there are still crazier Christian denominations than WT. These people believe that WT is channel of god's communication, but feel that it is not sufficient or the leadership is not good enough. They created parallel ministry and bring JW beliefs into much extreme thinking.....kaik

Hey kaik!..

Yes I`m very aware of them..

Some have no association with the WBT$ at all,other than knowing members of the JW Community..

That seems to be enough for them to consider themselves JW`s..

The WBT$ JW Cult attracts a lot of crazy people..

SimonSays, that picture is antisemitic.....kaik

He`s either Too Dumb to know the Difference between Satan and a Jewish Person..OR..

Maybe he hates Jews and exJWs........Hard to say..

• Viviane
    Viviane
    There's a tremendous amount of vitriol in the comments, both generally and in some cases toward me directly, that I find quite curious and immensely telling. I'm not certain what motivates some to such negativity and animus.

BJ, your lies and support for an organization that has killed, endorsed sacrificing your life, requires absolute devotion to an ever changing, vapid theology and allowes child rape might factor in to that a bit.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I thought the whole point of Jesus and the apostles was to free people from oppressive religious systems.

Religions keep saying that because they want to use the OT when it suits them without having to deal with the genocide, rape, slavery and murder bits that God loved, but they forget Jesus saying the Law was perfect, the same that endorsed all of that horrible stuff.

Reading the Bible and actually reading what it says rather than what people tell you it says is rather eye opening.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Lets focus on the fact that the WTS and its leaders intensionally created an illusion that Jehovah god really did select and chose the organization above all others (1919). then it went about professing weakly devised unscriptural based but commercially appealing doctrines that Jesus made a strategic move in 1874 , then in 1914 and that because of this momentous move, signified the end times for all of humanity.

Great stuff to put on the front cover of magazines and other pieces of literature but nevertheless cunningly devised bullshit supported by the outward basic belief in the bible. Naive people actually believed these men and put their own personal faith and devoted support in distributing this literature to the public, all awhile these men were aware that they would be expanding their own appeal power and presence as the organization's top leaders.

Were ever the leaders of this organization closely following what Jesus himself spoke about in preaching of his future to come Kingdom ?

Not really if you carefully read the bible, the WTS. men were following their own personal appealing agenda and endeavors for their own self empowerment and control.

They essentially self identified themselves as modern day false prophets who freely ran their own publishing house.

• Brother Jeramy
    Brother Jeramy
    VillageIdiot, you asked . . .

If you had a Catholic baptism does that mean that you don't have to be rebaptized? Which is worse, Catholic baptism or JW organization baptism?
    It's a good question and worth spending time pondering.

One question that immediately comes to mind is, was someone's baptism performed as a sacramental rite at a religious ceremony in honor and worship of the Trinity? This is a particularly important consideration. The Trinity is Christendom's "golden calf" which it calls God. See Exodus 32:1-5, and note in verse 5 that the disobedient Israelites referred to the golden calf that they had created as "Jehovah," which was an obscenity and a heinous reproach. As such, one could conclude that a baptism performed in honor and worship of the Trinity would be an act of idolatry and therefore invalid. In such a case, rebaptism would be prudent.

At the same time, it could also be said that baptism per the Watchtower Society's two questions as asked since 1985 constitutes a perversion that edges on idolatry, but doesn't entirely reach the fulness of idolatry (in that such a baptism isn't performed in honor and worship of a false god, though it is performed under the auspices of a false prophet). In such a case one could conclude that rebaptism would not be necessary, though prayer over the matter petitioning Jehovah's continuing loving kindness and blessing with his holy spirit would be prudent. (compare Acts 8:14-16)

Again, it's a subject worthy of spending time pondering (perhaps in its own dedicated post).

Ultimately, the prevailing principle at Jeremiah 17:10 comes to mind: "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the innermost thoughts, to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his works."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit