Who from JWN would you most like to have dinner with?

by laverite 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Oh, and I'd love to surprise mouthy one day and take her out for dinner

• tec
    tec

I would love to meet Tec (Tammy), for exactly the reason she stated above. She might find my charm and personality will lead her to the darkside!

Lol... I have no doubt about your charm and personality. Nugget is evidence of those ; )

I would love a meetup in Calgary. I could actually make that one!

Peace,

tammy

• mouthy
    mouthy

O.K. In My best cockney accent >>>>>OK COCKS!!!! I'd luv to ave a bit o grub wiv you lot.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

NVR2L8, I caught my name on your list. I heavily interact with JWN members personally. I have shared a meal with many and will continue to do so. We just might share a meal or coffee one day.

I don't expect so much from the first encounter. I don't mean that people are a letdown but my encounters have been awesome as long as I didn't expect the person to ooze with wisdom in every sentence. We are people with different experiences and perspectives.

I would love to break bread with some who were instrumental in my journey from early on with JWN. Offhand, I would list Farkel, garybuss (doesn't post anymore), Mary, Randy Watters, jwfacts. Blondie and Barb Anderson don't make the list because I already have met them.

Plenty of others. I won't start naming them as it would just add to the popularity contest. I met tons of you in New York, Chicago, and at Flipper's Fest.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

MUM! I've got a pot of homemade vegetable beef soup going right now. I like to serve it on mashed potatoes, for extra goodness. Come on over!

I know what -- Let's have a get-together! That's what they called it in my old KH. Potluck. There was one who always made yummy stroganoff with noodles and a Filipina who made lumpia and pancit. Yummmm. Adobo, too. And a Mexican woman from Texas who made her enchilada sauce from scratch -- I didn't know you could (at that time, at least), I always saw it in a can. Whatever house we used was always crowded with people, kids running around everywhere, everyone eating a lot and lots of chatting. Almost human behavior, in fact. Same with beach parties. But then, they'd go back to the KH and friendliness wasn't allowed in the door.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Besides having a big party and trying to fit ALL of you in my apartment, I also wouldn't mind sitting in the corner listening to the smart folks on this forum -- Leolia, Cofty -- and the rest of you. You all know who you are. I'd love to listen to their dinnertime conversation! I'd come away smarter, guaranteed.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I have personally met, supped with or at least spoken to many, if not most of the high profile people in the ex-dub community.

These include Alan Feuerbacher, Barbara Grizutti Harrison, Randy Watters, Nathan Natas, Kent Steinhaug, Norman Hovland, Jan Haugland, Raymond Franz, Barb Anderson, Bill Bowen, Athanasius, Marvin Shilmer, Craig Mills, "Flipper", Aguest, Englishman, Uncle Bruce, Tom Tally, Ed Gruss, JT, Not Perfect Yet, Celia, Amazing (Jim Whitney), David Swingle and a bunch of other folks I can't recall at the moment. Some of these people obviously don't post any more, and Ray Franz, Craig Mills and Barbara Grizutti Harrison have passed away.

Each and every one of them was delightful.

That being said, there is not a single person from this board I believe I would not enjoy speaking with, meeting in person or supping with. Everyone has something of value to offer. As do all of you.

OnTheWayOut: thanks for the acknowledgement. It made me feel a little validated that my years of hard work (yes, it IS hard work) have not been in vain.

Farkel

• minimus
    minimus

Farkel, you made a positive difference to me, I will say, I didn't always feel you were perfect in your style but you surely did make everyone think. You were at times outrageous and yet could be sweet....a great paradox.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tec - "I would love a meetup in Calgary. I could actually make that one!"

Edmonton or Red Deer might be better; they're a little more central to the province.

Or better yet, Drumheller! Maybe attend a symposium at the Royal Tyrell Musem on evolution...

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

AWW Lav

I was about to say you and continured reading someone not a friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit