Who from JWN would you most like to have dinner with?

by laverite 63 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

I think almost anyone on the board. Since we have a small house I could only have about four over at a time I would pick "flipper, mouthy, Barb Anderson and finally simon". But then I think it would be great to meet all of you to break bread with. Totally ADD

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

I haven't been on here too long but just from the few weeks I spent lurking and the info he's shared with the forum I'd have to say: Billy-the-ex bethelite.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Outlaw because he'd bring the KFC and the beer.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I'd say dreamgolfer, since he lives close enough to drive to. Whaddaya say? Check your pm DG.

• whathappened
    whathappened

There are very few people I would NOT like to have dinner with. All here are worthwhile and have a story to tell.

• Mum
    Mum

LoisLane, Hortensia and Mouthy are my choices, although there are many others. These ladies are all so down-to-earth and kind.

If I would not feel so intimidated by their intellect, I would choose Leolaia and Billy the ex-Bethelite.

• Mum
    Mum

I did have dinner with Barbara Anderson and her husband when we went to the Silentlambs march in NYC in 2002. I actually sat at the same table with them. They are sweethearts. The other people I sat with no longer post here.

• laverite
    laverite

I am very thankful that people are taking this thread in the spirit in which it was intended. I certainly mean no hurt feelings toward anyone. Sending lots of love out to everyone. I also agree with those who say that everyone on here has an interesting story, and I'd love to meet everyone. Hey, but if I could only pick one, it would have to be Billy.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I would like to eventually meet with every single Ex-Jehovah's Witness.

The reason why is very biblical and more profound than most here are willing to accept.

here is why:

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame." 6 There is a sound of uproar out of the city, a sound out of the temple! It is the sound of Jehovah repaying what is deserved to his enemies.7 Before she began to come into labor pains she gave birth. Before birth pangs could come to her, she even gave deliverance to a male child. 8 Who has heard of a thing like this? Who has seen things like these? Will a land be brought forth with labor pains in one day? Or will a nation be born at one time? For Zion has come into labor pains as well as given birth to her sons.

Disfellowshipping annnouncement:

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness (page 154 of the; "Organized to do Jehovah's Will" book)

The "sons of Zion" are in the Ex-Jehovah's Witness Community!

Who wouldn't want to take the chance of meeting one of them?

abe

• minimus
    minimus

Simon....I would like him to speak to me in person as he does on line. It would make for an interesting meal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit