Was I too harsh?

by chrisuk 54 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thank you rip van winkle. I hope he respects my wishes.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Now all I've got to do is help my mom see this religion for what it is. I say all, lol. My mom has fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

excellent email. in my experience the brainwashing and control process begins subtly with a bible study....best out of it..!

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Welcome from another non-jw, Chrisuk!

Now all I've got to do is help my mom see this religion for what it is.

Wish you all success with that, but please go carefully. If the Borg can't capture you the next objective will be to drive a wedge between your mom and bad, worldly associations. I speak from experience.

all the best, Retro

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

You weren't harsh at all, you stated your wishes in a way that was respectful and non-intimidating. If he has any sense he'll respect your wishes and make sure not to come looking for you- but be advised, as a JW I was relentless and I woudn't quit. He might not either but you have it on paper and can use that if they bug you again.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I don't think your letter was mean at all. It will be interesting to see what happens next and if he will respect your wishes. I hope you can help your Mom wash her hands of them too. By the way did your Mom ever get baptized after studying on and off. It makes you wonder what reservations she had and maybe you could use that to help her. By the way, welcome!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Chrisuk: I want no further association with that organisation.

You didn't say whether or not you were ever baptized or not, although I'm guessing no.

If you were, then you just disassociated yourself.

Congratulations!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome and no, not harsh at all. There are times when you need to be black-and-white and firm about it.

• Glander
    Glander

What I liked about your letter is that you did not specify a particular problem. But you made it obvious you do have a problem with the WT. They would love you to detail your grievance so they could swamp you with rebuttals and double talk.

Let them guess. I'll bet the average half wit(ness) could tick off on their fingers some things New Light that has developed in just the last 10-15 years that could all be your reason(s)

Good job. Not even close to harsh.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome!

No, not harsh. You didn't bash the Witnesses-just firmly stated that you didn't want to be associated with them anymore. Of course, I'm sure you've got his curiosity up now, so he may send you a message back asking why.

You said your mom studied with the Witnesses but did not say she was ever baptised. If she wasn't, she may not shun you. Hope not, anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit