Was I too harsh?

by chrisuk 54 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Hello, first let me apologixe for both my spelling and my grammer in advance, both are not my strong points.

I'll keep this short. Since I've been a child my mother has studied on and off with JW's ( I'm now 34) So I've been around it most of my life, I studied on and off myself for around 10 years. Thank's to this site and JwFacts I'll never study or step foot inside a kingdom hall again. Anyway I said I'd keep this short so here goes.

I stopped attending meetings and having my "Bible studies" earlier this year, and for a while the elder I was studying with left me to it, but just recently he's been calling round on a regular basis, as luck would have it I've never been in when he's called round. He has, however left a number of magazines here with my mother. Just some info - I moved back home last year after a bad breakup. Anyway.. I became a little fed up with the constant messages left for me, by the elder, with my mother, I also got fed up of the constant streams of magazines left for me. So today I emailed said elder. This is my email: ( I'll call the elder John)

Hello John,

John it's chris smith, this is my new email address. John I felt I needed to mail you just to avoid any confusion as regards the possibility of myself attending any meetings in the future. John I'd like to be placed on a do not call list please, I know this is my moms house and I can't stop witnesses knocking on my moms door. But I don't want anyone calling round to see me to arrange studies or to ask me to attend any meetings, conventions or any other watchtower related gathering, and I don't want anyone placing literature at my moms house for me, nor do I want anyone offering me literature on the streets. I'll not go into detail as to my reasons why, but I will say I'd like my wishes respected. So once again John could you place me on the do not call list please.

John I'd like to thank you for everything and I wish you all the very best, You're always welcome at my house should you ever want to come round, just not on watchtower business. I want no further association with that organisation. Thanks again John.

Do you think I was to harsh?

Thank you to everyone on this site for all the experiances and the wealth of information as regards this cult. Also a big thank you to JWFacts.

• Laika
    Laika

That e-mail wasn't the least bit cruel or harsh. Firm and respectful.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thank you. I guess I just feel a bit guilty because this elder is a really nice guy. I just want nothing to do with the watchtower.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome chrisuk.

No it wasn't too harsh at all, in fact it was very respectful.

I'm glad you have discovered TTATT before you got too involved. The internet is the organisation's biggest enemy.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Chris wecome! I like you, no matter how bad your spelling is.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Perfectly written in my opinion.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thank you Cofty. Yes the elder warned me about the internet once, right before he handed me the CD-ROM and told me all the information I needed was in there.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thank you Truthseeker & Cantleave.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

HI chrisUK !! Your letter was kind and respectful. Hopefully, the elder will handle your request in kind and respect your wishes.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

that's seems like a very polite letter. glad you escaped as a young man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit