Was I too harsh?

by chrisuk 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

I agree with Quandry that there is a good chance he may contact you to ask for a specific reason.

You made yourself very clear that you did not want further contact.

However, if you did find yourself in verbal communication where he might ask "Why, Chris ?" I can't help but imagine how cool it would be for you to respond, "Can't you guess?"

The Walter Mitty in me has him tossing out guesses and each time you respond "no, that's not it but it bears considering" ad infinitum

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

It wasn't harsh. When I was a little kid and got insulted and swore at, now that was too harsh.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome chrisuk, Your email wasn't harsh at all. It was respectful and did not go into any details that the elder could use to alienate your mother from you.

Since you are living with your mother, you have the perfect opportunity to help her by keeping her too busy making new non-JW friends and doing fun activities with you. If your mother has been off and on with the WTBTS, maybe her JW propaganda indocrinators are getting tired of studying with her.

If you want to learn more about how to help your mother think critically for herself, then I would suggest reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") and visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com. Don't show your mother what is wrong with the WTBTS, ask her simple questions and help her to learn how to think critically and find answers for herself using the internet, reading books, using the WTBTS Cd, and reading the Bible.

Best of wishes helping your mother to think critically for herself.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• sspo
    sspo

Very nice letter and the elder definitely should get the message of leaving you alone.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Welcome Chrisuk:

Great letter you wrote. I don't think it was to harsh. You got right to the point. Hey your mom has been taken in by hook line and sinker. Well what if you copied some things off the internet that you read, but cut off the name of the site you got it off of, and leave it in the bathroom. She'll read it. Leave it a certain way in the bathroom so you can tell if she read it. People in general are nosey so she might read it. Good Luck in your journey with your mom.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think it was very good, respectful, and a great tone.

• Scully
    Scully

That was a terrific letter.

I'm curious as to how he'll respond. You know they can't stand it when you tell them there's a line that you don't want them to cross.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Spot on! Polite and to the point.

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, chris. Your e-mail was very well written as others have stated. There are lots of nice guys in the world. Some are Catholic, Baptist, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, etc. Just because someone is a nice guy, that's no reason to convert to his crazy religion.

Best wishes. Keep coming back.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Good letter to the pushy elder. Now how is he supposed to get rid of all those magazines. He was counting the time and the placement on his monthly time slip. Now he will have to find someone else to foist those raggie magazines on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit