I still believe in the paradise earth.

by paul from cleveland 53 Replies latest jw friends

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I still believe it's coming. I think if God is real, it has to come. It only makes sense.

• cantleave
    cantleave

It makes no sense at all. You may yearn for something better, it doesn't mean it will happen.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'd like to see the verse in the Bible that says, "Paradise Earth".

• sir82
    sir82

It makes sense to me that invisible pink unicorns drink from orbiting teapots.

Why not?

• cedars
    cedars

paul from cleveland - watch this video and please post your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTiJVo5MhQ

Cedars

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

That is an excellent video, Cedars.

It highlights an oft used tactic by WT, which is: everything in the Bible has a secondary application, which usually directly involves the WT or JWs.

Taking scriptures that, by WT's own admission, apply to the restoration of Israel (Ps ch. 37) and extending that to mean a future paradise earth is one such example. And, of course, the primary beneficiaries of this claimed paradise earth is Jehovah's Witnesses. In fact, it is made for them.

An observation that scholars have noted about WT and its New World Translation is: WT starts first with the doctrine, then makes scripture fit the already decided upon conclusion. Such is the case with "Paradise Earth".

• James Brown
    James Brown

If you want to believe in paradise go for it.

Maybe in the end you become and get what you think about.

If you want some support for that look into quantum physics.

But if you want to believe in paradise and hold that thought stay away from here.

You will not get any encouragement for such beliefs.

Birds of a feather flock together and there are no paradise birds on this roost.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Paul

On what do you base your conclusion?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You really need to look deeply at why you believe that. What is the source of that belief, and how trustworthy is it?

Then again, if you're just daydreaming "Wouldn't it be nice. . . " then you don't really need anything to back it up.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Paul from Cleveland you have a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit