I still believe in the paradise earth.

by paul from cleveland 53 Replies latest jw friends

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

marking

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    But if you want to believe in paradise and hold that thought stay away from here.
    You will not get any encouragement for such beliefs.

--

It's not that JWN members do not find the idea of a perfect paradise earth appealing. We just require a pesky little thing to base our beliefs on called...evidence.

Produce solid evidence proving this belief is true and I'm sure many here would contribute to a positive dialogue about it.

Waiting patiently.....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Paul from Cleveland -

But god is not real.

Now what?

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I think this earth is about as paradise as it get's right now.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hi Paul

thanks for posting this question, I don't know WHATTHEHECK I believe in anymore, and I gotta admit I'm a little girl when it comes to asking belief based questions since I've seen so many get shot down in flames here by those who believe in nothing anymore.

But if you hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have seen the excellent video highlighted by Cedars (thanks chappie), so Thanks!

I kinda understand what you mean though, IF you believe in a God, then it just doesn't make sense to believe he created earth to be equal parts beautiful and poohole.

I got nothing mate, but I share your confusion..

Cap'n

• tec
    tec

There IS the Kingdom, Paul. WTS teaches that a few go to heaven, and many have a paradise earth. Most of the rest of christianity believe we go to heaven. But it is more like both. The kingdom (paradise, and it is also called paradise by Muslims I believe), is on earth. But just as Adam could go in and out of the Garden of Eden (a spiritual place), before he sinned and could no longer access the Garden... those within the kingdom are given white robes (spirit bodies, like Adam had before being given the long garment of skin), and we may move in and out as well.

I do not know the specifics to that, but it is not limited to the terrestrial as the jws make out, and neither do we lose the things that we love. Our Lord did allow me to feel the love and joy and peace that we will have within the Kingdom, with Him and God and one another. In that love, there is just no way to be angry with others, or hold a grudge, or EVER want to hurt another person. There is just love and joy, and I could not have felt anything else for anyone. Just a taste as a gift, but enough to understand a bit of what that will be like.

So yes... Christ IS coming, and once He gathers to Him all who belong to Him (his brothers and sisters), then He will establish His kingdom, and many others (the sheep, from the goats) will be invited into the Kingdom as well.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Watch Tower Society has not destroyed what was instilled in me about God

But the one thing I have learned, is to respect the views of others who differ from mine

Not to close myself off and become overly critical and judgemental

and short change myself from the company of posters who I really come to

enjoy

I certainly don't believe folks should put off the things they can do today

and " Wait on the Kingdom"

Only a fool would suffer needlessly

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    But god is not real.

The OP did not specify which god we're talking about.

Poseidon? Zeus? Vishnu? Thor? The Flying Spaghetti Monster?

First a person must establish the specific god that's being referenced, then evidence must be provided to establish that god's existence.

If a god's existence cannot be proven, then long-winded dialogues about what that god allegedly promised are equally as pointless.

If not, we might as well start a discussion with an absolute statement, like the moon is made of cheese, then proceed with debates as to what kind of cheese it's made of.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey ADCMS

I used to think my ol' man was a god. New Light changed that

I'm still a Goddess though

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I'm still a Goddess though

Evidential source material please! LOL.

[edit] 8x10 glossies are acceptable.

Share this

Google+