I still believe in the paradise earth.

by paul from cleveland 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sure, why not? How about starting now? There are some great green organizations you could support.

http://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change.html

One thing I could never understand about the WTS picture of paradise is everyone in harmony and agreement, thinking alike. Isn't that an absence of freedom of will? I picture a civilization with more oomph.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Evidential source material please! LOL.____ADCMS

ROFL

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Why do,you think no other bibllical religions teach this promise? Even the JW's didn't before their doctrine change in the 30's and the adjustments made to the NWT after that desicion.

is it in your bible? Name the scriptures that promise it..... Then go read it , then read it in context, then look at the original translation ....the word isn't earth its land. Then look at the second scripture the WT use.... The word paradise was added by WT, what was the original verse? ...I tell you today you will be with me in the kingdom of heaven.

Before you have a go at me for being bias, I am a atheist, I think the bible is nonsense, but it was only after this basic research i came to the conclusion, but my point is.... The verses are changed, the original verses are as untrue to me as the adapted. But research where the idea comes from and when they introduced it and why.... They claim everyone was asking for another hope because they didnt want to go to heaven, if you believe that, ok. But can you imagine that really? In reality they had taught that the reason the religion was only small was because only 144,000 would be saved. Then when the numbers gre, they had to,explain it away. They did it with one verse from psalms about jews inheriting the land, ....the meek will inherit the earth. Ta da.

In the whole bible...... That's the only verse they have..... That make sense to you?

all those books 'you can live forever on a paradise earth' and 'knowledge that leads to everlasting llife'.

They don't quote verses, they use pseudo logic about humans not wanting to die, wanting to stay on earth.... And that's all they have.

• cognac
    cognac

You have every right to feel anyway you want. :)

• prologos
    prologos

P o Cleveland :

the seedier sections of cleveland are already reverting back to hopefully pristine conditions. keep working at it.

Many parts of the world are more beautiful than ever.

keep working at it

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I believe it's coming because I still believe in God. And if I were God, that's what I would do; make the earth a paradise. I can envision it so clearly in my mind. I still believe in the ransom but I believe it applies to everyone that ever lived, including Adam and Eve. I don't believe that God will destroy anyone for eternity. I don't believe that God will destroy everyone at Armageddon. I think God will gradually start to pour out his spirit on all mankind and ever so gradually restore everything to his original vision.

• Ding
    Ding
    And if I were God, that's what I would do

Is that a reliable way to determine what is true?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Dude, I hate to sound "flippant". . .

. . .but I believe I will win the Powerball because it seems like the best possible thing to me. I can even envision clearly in my mind winning the Powerball and all the good stuff I will do with the money: give to charities; send all of the kids in my family to good schools; pay off everyone's mortgages.

We all envision great and wonderful things for ourselves, our families, and the world. That doesn't mean it will ever happen.

Do the best with what you've got. That is a realistic goal.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

watch this video and please post your thoughts. Thanks for posting this video. I have not seen my friend Lance's video for quite a while, but it still rings true.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

One question about living for ever relates to our teeth. While I understand that our skin cells regenerate, but we only have one set of adult teeth. How are we going to safeguard our teeth for eternity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit