Do beleivers have a problem with GODS silence in this technological/communication age ? and if not why not ? ?

by smiddy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Perhaps people are afraid to believe things like that (meaning a lack of faith in Christ and what He has said to them), perhaps because they are afraid that they cannot be forgiven? Some perhaps because they do not want to see that they are capable of doing such things; they do not want to see the truth about themselves, and so they do not believe (do not exercise faith).

I am not afraid of what Christ says to me, he hasn't spoken to me, so what is there to be afraid of? I am also not afraid I cannot be forgiven, I am no better or worse than the next guy, so why would I worry? You say some do not want to see that they are capable of doing such things, well, what things? As far as I know you just write ambiguous things on the internet, that don't make any sense. You say you have proof that God talks to you, because he told you that you had buggy Triscuits, but the fact that you would offer that as proof weakens your case, it's not proof of anything. You could very well have noticed something was wrong on some level, but you were busy at the time and didn't think about it. Then, when you sat down to eat it, your subconscious brain gave you the message to not eat them. The brain does work on a subconscious level, I have many time woken up thinking about something I saw the day before, but hadn't really paid attention to. I also will times come up with a solution to a problem I had been mulling over, it seems to come out of nowhere, but obviously it's just my own brain. Not being in your very inventive head, it's impossible for me to know what is going on, but many people do hear voices in their head, there is always some reason, other than that God is speaking to them. Most of them have some form of mental illness, and to accept what they say as fact because they claim devine direction would be silly. I am not saying that is the case with you, obviously I don't know you, but at the same time, it is not something I can believe without evidence. For you, the voices are evidence, but that is not enough for me, as I don't hear them. So, until I start hearing voices in my head, I will deal with facts and logic and the evidence of my own two eyes. But thank you for the Triscuits story, it was very amusing.

• tec
    tec

I am not afraid of what Christ says to me, he hasn't spoken to me, so what is there to be afraid of? I am also not afraid I cannot be forgiven, I am no better or worse than the next guy, so why would I worry? You say some do not want to see that they are capable of doing such things, well, what things?
    That entire bit revolved around people not believing WHAT Christ speaks. Not around people who do not believe THAT Christ speaks in the first place. Like Peter, for instance, who did not believe WHAT Christ told him. In that Peter would deny Christ three times. Like people who believe in Christ, and have read that He questioned if He would find faith when He returned and that the path is narrow and few find it... but those same people use the 2 billion or so 'christians' as proof that they are on the right path. Instead of actually listening to WHAT Christ said (or is at least recorded to have said)
    As far as I know you just write ambiguous things on the internet, that don't make any sense. You say you have proof that God talks to you, because he told you that you had buggy Triscuits, but the fact that you would offer that as proof weakens your case, it's not proof of anything.

No, that is not proof, and I did not offer it as proof. Some have been demanding of me something that Christ told me that I did not/could not have otherwise known. There are many things that He has taught me that I did not/could not have otherwise known... but this was a simple one that I could physically verify here and now. So it was just an answer to that demand, for that person, and nothing more.

You could very well have noticed something was wrong on some level, but you were busy at the time and didn't think about it. Then, when you sat down to eat it, your subconscious brain gave you the message to not eat them. The brain does work on a subconscious level, I have many time woken up thinking about something I saw the day before, but hadn't really paid attention to. I also will times come up with a solution to a problem I had been mulling over, it seems to come out of nowhere, but obviously it's just my own brain.
    I could have, but I did not. I mean, this was very clear and definitive. Not, there might be something wrong, not even a 'don't eat'. Not even a feeling. Clear words that were true, and only true of that item. In any case, if Smiddy is reading, this is what I mean when I say that many will dismiss Him as something else. Later though, once you begin to recognize Him and His voice, you remember some of those times you thought it was sub-concsious or out of the blue, and recognize that it was Him.
    Not being in your very inventive head, it's impossible for me to know what is going on, but many people do hear voices in their head, there is always some reason, other than that God is speaking to them.
    There is alway some other reason assigned, yes, I agree with that. (though this is Christ, and not God)
    Most of them have some form of mental illness, and to accept what they say as fact because they claim devine direction would be silly.
    Or are assigned some form of mental illness. The prophets of the past, and Christ also, would likely have been assigned some form of mental illness also. However, to simply accept what someone says as fact because they claim divine direction WOULD be silly. I totally agree with you. That is why we are told to test the inspired expressions. Test against the Spirit, if you have faith in and hear Him. Test against love, because nothing that God or Christ says will be against love. Test against what IS written. We are not supposed to follow man, but Christ. So we should not take another man's word on face value, that the Spirit (or a spirit) is speaking to Him, just because He says so. We are to follow and listen to Christ, who DOES speak. We can test what others claim using the above tests. This is what I have always done, and continue to do.
    I am not saying that is the case with you, obviously I don't know you, but at the same time, it is my something I can believe without evidence.
    I am guessing you meant 'something you can NOT believe without evidence' ; ) And I hear you. I would not either, and I do not expect anyone else to beleive ME. For me, as I do have faith in Christ and God, and that Christ DOES speak, I would only test the inspired expression, if someone even utters one. Not that many people claim that they received something in spirit. If someone does not believe in God at all, then they can still test like that (at least against love and what is written)... but they might not because it is all just foolishness to them. But again, this was in answer to a demand that had been made of me, regarding a specific thing, for some time now.
    For you, the voices are evidence, but that is not enough for me, as I don't hear them.
    Of course. (One voice though... the Spirit of Truth, who is Christ, who is the Holy Spirit... not voices)
    So, until I start hearing voices in my head, I will deal with facts and logic and the evidence of my own two eyes. But thank you for the Triscuits story, it was very amusing.
    Of course... but it is your ears that can provide you with the evidence of Christ speaking (spiritually, since the spirit speaks to the spirit). Again, if you want to hear, you may ask for your ears to be opened, so that you have ears that hear (matt 13: 15-17, Ezekiel 12:2)... then keep asking; keep knocking, and the door will be opened. You're welcome for the story, lol. Peace, tammy
  • cofty
    cofty

It is truly astonishing that you think anybody could take your biscuit story seriously.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Jesus gave me his cell phone number (but he only talks through SMS).

He said to me he's spending his weekend nearby Andromeda (good wines and hot female angels over there).

Maybe I'll go there next week by astral projection. I bought a ticket from an ectoplasmic leprechaun, I'll go there in a first class quantum rainbow.

• cantleave
    cantleave

John can you PM me JC's number - I lost it and need him at my next party!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

The number changes every time you make/receive a call.

But you can get the number directly from the bible.

But first you need to go back in time (1910) and get a code from a leprechaun named Russell who lives inside a pink pyramid under the pacific ocean.

All you need to do is to pray to an ancient desert demon named Azazel, he will give you detailed instructions on how to build a mental time travel machine (the process involves a goat).

But I have to warn you, don't ask Jesus for the wine trick in your party. And remember to not feed Jesus after midnight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit