Do beleivers have a problem with GODS silence in this technological/communication age ? and if not why not ? ?

by smiddy 55 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm happy that evolution have solved that problem for you, cantleave.

And that has made you completely insensitive to it, because, after all, those are the losers on the intra-species evolutionary competition for resources, the driving force behind adaptation. Social darwinists must smile when they see such photos, because it constitutes scientific evidence of the mechanism for determining the best-suited group; politically, economically and ecologically.

Being a darwinist, I suppose your conscience driven by evolucionary tenets isn't hurt at all. After all, it's the survival of the fittest in operation.

It all makes perfect sense when explained by evolution.

Eden

• cantleave
    cantleave

Tammy - I apologise for "moving the goal posts", I just couldn't resist!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Eden one, are you inferring that my lack of belief in a creator correlates to a lack of humanity. You obviously do understand what survival of the fittest really is and also lack understanding of how we as a species have evolved a capacity for compassion.

• cofty
    cofty

Eden One - Your willful ignorance of evolution combined with your disgusting insults is shameful.

For pity's sake read a book and stop embarassing yourself.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cantleave I was being sarcastic, of course.

What i mean is that this isn't a black or white subject. You cannot accuse the believers of all sorts of intellectual dishonesties, fallacies and hubris, when if fact, the practical consequences of many of the evolutionary theories - namely social darwinism - are just equally dangerous and dishonest, and dehumanizing.

I actually smile when i read that our capacity for empathy and compassion is actually rooted on a desguised form of selfishness - that we only appear to be selfless and compassionate and empathic because we're smart enough to realize that we can gain a competitive advantage out of it. To me that amounts to the same as "twisting the Scriptures" ...if you know what I mean.

Eden

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

cofty, learn some manners before you embarass yourself with your haughty hastiness. You're old enough to know better.

Eden

• cantleave
    cantleave

Eden One, Gotcha!

• cofty
    cofty

Eden One - If you see anybody defending social Darwinism let me know and we can rip him/her a new one together.

Until then try debating what people actaully say instead of the straw-man arguments.

Evolution is a factual account of reality, of how things are. It does not require your approval.

As humans with the big brains we can "rebel against the tyranny of our selfish replicators" to paraphrase Dawkins.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Did i say evolution needed my approval? I'm actually willing to accept evolution - just not an evolution that rules out the existence of God, because that argument is dishonest. See how magnanimous I'm feeling lately ...

And you may now apologize.

Eden

• cofty
    cofty
    just not an evolution that rules out the existence of God, because that argument is dishonest

Evolution rules out the NEED for god. It doesn't disprove the existence of a redundant god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit