Design or Non-Design, finally we know, Darwin's Doubt

by QC 371 Replies latest jw friends

• QC
    QC

Flying,

Hi

why do I have an intuition today you were at the mall?

Billy will be fine. Give him some time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No, not at the mall. I was carting a teenaged grandson around. Then I hit Wal-mart for a car phone charger, some potting soil, some terra cotta pots and plates, moss roses, estroven night time and some peroxide. My cigarette lighter in my car, I guess there is a loose wire. Sometimes it will work and others not. I want to be able to charge my droid while I stream music.

Which is more farfetched? A god with no beginning or inanimate matter with no beginning? Or everything we see today springing from absolutely nothing? The way I look at it, sitting right here in the middle, I can see how all of it sounds farfetched or mind twisting, depending on the thinker.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh yeah, and a green plastic watering can.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

FHN, please watch the video I posted a link to. It doesn't sound so far fetched once its explained by a man like Krauss. 54 minutes well spent IMO

Oh, and if you are able to pull out your cigarette lighter or remove the panel it's mounted on, you may be able to find and fix your broken wire. That's what I'd do...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thanks, Captain. Other lights go in and out, like the lights for my console gear shift: R N D 1 2 and the lights for my a/c heater and the gas gauge and other things will go in and out. I checked my fuse box and the bundle of wires coming from it are in a conduit. My left break light goes in and out, too. I had the bulb replaced and it still goes in and out.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Sounds like a sweet ride! Lol

Open up your fuse panel, see if those things you mentioned share a fuse. The lights might, but lighters usually have their own fuse and circuit. Pull out the fuse in question and make sure it's not corroded and the terminals that it slides into a clean and good.

Do you hear a clicking noise when the lights are flickering? If so it may be a loose or faulty relay.

BTW, way to derail a good thread! Sorry OP

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

(I checked, there is not a lighter fuse. I wonder if it's on the dome light fuse. It's a 97 Eagle Talon.)

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The question is, what does Billy think is nothing.

Not at all, FHN. You stated what he believed (perhaps mistakenly). I am asking you specifically what you meant by "nothing" when you you were saying that believed that's what everything came from.

I am asking YOU what YOU meant.

Or everything we see today springing from absolutely nothing?

What do you mean by "nothing"?

Which is more farfetched? A god with no beginning or inanimate matter with no beginning?

Why do you presume those are the only two options?

Billy, Bohm, CO, EP read the book. It’s very challenging with detail, but way worth it.

I read about 100 pages of it. It was not challenging and it was rife with error, cartoonish charts and speculation while ignoring modern science.

• QC
    QC

Darwin's Doubt:

#1 Best Seller on Barnes & Noble

The New York Times

Best Sellers

16. DARWIN'S DOUBT , by Stephen C. Meyer (HarperOne )

• bohm
    bohm

checking in again, QC, did you read the book? did you read the rebuttal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit