Design or Non-Design, finally we know, Darwin's Doubt

by QC 371 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

But you believe the universe and living creatures came from nothing.

What do you mean by "nothing", FHN?

BUT when we do, all we have proven that it took immense skill, knowhow, energy resources to doit.it did not just happen POOF.

By way of corollary, when we build an airplane, are we proving that birds are engineers? When we swim in the ocean, are we proving fish are people?

Similarly, we are attempting to purposefully re-create something shrouded in mystery. We have proven is that science works.

Thank you, exactly my point! You and cofty are religious fanatics and don't know it.

You miss your own point. Investigating how something happened and works is science. You are mistaking "we don't know yet" for the thought-stopping braindead "god did it".

A DESIGN world view is easily provable, like forensics. Follow the clues.

If it walks like a duck (design) and talks like a duck (design), it is a duck (design)!

Evolution has been proven quite nicely. Naturalistic causes have been shown by the evidence.

What evidence do you have for design? You make many claims (such as the claim that scientists know what happened prior to the Big Bang) but provide no evidence.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

" Evolution/Abiogenesis world view is goofy. Dark Age stuff. Convoluted clunky! "

You've already proven that you're comfortable attacking these subjects, but you've given no proof that invisible, all-knowing, super-intelligent designers spontaneously generate, coming to life out of nothing.

• QC
    QC

Billy, Bohm, CO, EP read the book. It’s very challenging with detail, but way worth it.

This is one of the great awakenings in history. It's greater than the defeat of Nazism, Leninist Communism and JWism because it’s a universe paradigm shift. X-dubs can totally relate to the dissonance. Many will be very angry. And, some will remain religiously devoted to Evolution like JW lifers.

Rebuts are clapping seals thrashing and flailing, trying to save their investments in a bad idea.

Watch for Dawkins and Strauss, it should be very entertaining.

I predict big guns will start to abandon the titanic ship Evolution; saving face in clever ways to dilute embarrassment.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Have YOU read the QC?

Have you read the rebuttal?

• bohm
    bohm

so did you read it? did you read the rebuttal?

I predict big guns will start to abandon the titanic ship Evolution; saving face in clever ways to dilute embarrassment.

when? I bet you dont want to make any specific predictions because deep down you know they will fail...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The question is, what does Billy think is nothing.

• cofty
    cofty

QC - For the third time..

How much research have you done on recent insights into the so-called Cambrian Explosion?

Do you understand the causes of the ecological changes that drove it?

Have you studied the recent discoveries from Evo Devo that show the full genetic tool-kit for body-building was was already in place?

Have you read about the evolution of genetic switches and gene networks, or the duplication of Hox gene clusters and the shifting of Hox zones that account for the proliferation of body plans?

Have you investigated the significance of the pre-Cambrian fossil Aspidella terranovica?

I'm guessing the answer is no. If I'm wrong about that and you would like to discuss the evidence please let us know.

• nugget
    nugget

Taking one book at face value however well written is lazy. Someone can be extremely persuasive without being right and other people with a similar world view will support and endorse it. I bet the book was awesome and a good read but that does not make it truthful or accurate. I would be more impressed if it was endorsed by peers in the scientific community who held opposing views

When I was doing a module on critical thinking we had to look at both sides of the argument , investigate the facts and criticise both sides. I would suggest you read the magic of reality by Richard Dawkins which is another awesome read. Once you have read that book you would be in a position to see which book offers the more rationale explanation.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious
    This is one of the great awakenings in history. It's greater than the defeat of Nazism, Leninist Communism and JWism because it’s a universe paradigm shift.

Lol ok

The question is, what does Billy think is nothing.
    Not sure how to embed a video but
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7ImvlS8PLIo
  • cantleave
    cantleave

QC here's a good place to start a

Fossils, molecules and embryos: new perspectives on the Cambrian explosion by James W. Valentine, David Jablonski and Douglas H. Erwin

The full paper is here

http://dev.biologists.org/content/126/5/851.full.pdf+html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit