Here's what I learned at our DC.....

by sir82 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

When people say "Armageddon may come, but not in my lifetime", that is a "Satanic inspired error".

How do you overcome it?

View things from Jehovah's perspective! A thousand years is as one day!

Why, looking a it that way, Adam's rebellion was less than a week ago! Jesus was here on earth just the day before yesterday! Jesus has been ruling as King for just a few hours!

So, I'm thinking.....

Well, if that's the case, doesn't viewing things from that perspective actually make things worse?

So, say Armageddon doesn't come for another 50 years. "From Jehovah's perspective", that is less than a one hour delay.

Maybe Armageddon doesn't come for another 300 years. That's less time than I sleep at night. Not long at all.

Aren't any of these guys capable of concentrating for more than 30 seconds, to se the holes in their analogies?

More miscellaneous ramblings as they occur to me.....

• cantleave
    cantleave

And all the time it isn't coming they are condeming people to death by preaching "the good news".

• Laika
    Laika

Pretty much the only teaching all Jehovah's Witnesses/Bible students have had in common in their 140 year history is the belief that the end will come soon enough that they will never die. How can it be wrong to say 'You know what, it might not come in your lifetime, maybe you should plan for retirement.'? Bastards.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, here's another goody: "Pets" are false gods, as well as "technology".

Presumably, if you use your iphone to take a photo of Fluffy the cat you are going to hit with 2 cannonball-sized hailstones at Armageddon.

• Dagney
    Dagney

LOL. Exactly. Going to use that.

• sir82
    sir82

"The media" prints unreliable, untrue informatoin, often leaving out important facts.

Meanwhile, the Wathctower has a "rigorous process" to ensure reliability & accuracy.

• sir82
    sir82

If a JW fails to apply counsel from God's "visible organization", it is because of "pride".

Has nothing to do with the absolute inanity of some of that counsel - nope - it is pride - you think you "know better than God".

• cantleave
    cantleave

How the hell did you sit through that shit without screaming?

• sir82
    sir82

Oh yeah - that is ALWAYS the first step to apostasy - "it starts with the rejection of counsel due to pride".

• sir82
    sir82

One of the characteristics of apostates:

They "reject Jehovah's representatives".

The faithful & discreet slave has a "glorious assignment", thus they are the equivalent of the "glorious ones" mentioned at Jude 8.

Apostates "speak abusively and make fun of" these "glorious ones". Why? Pride. The apostates want to have "first place".

Hey Gooberish Boobies! I'm a-making a-fun of you-u-u-u-u! PFHFHFFHFHT!

Guess I'm an apostate now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit