Here's what I learned at our DC.....

by sir82 41 Replies latest jw friends

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

it was always talked about how jehovah is a happy god,so is it logical to say that this happy god prohibits anything that makes his creation happy?He gave us the ability to love animals,the ability to create things(ipads,video games,ect...)that make us happy.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: So, say Armageddon doesn't come for another 50 years. "From Jehovah's perspective", that is less than a one hour delay.

:Maybe Armageddon doesn't come for another 300 years. That's less time than I sleep at night. Not long at all.

Right. Given that, dubs should realize that if they all stopped preaching and converting, millions or perhaps hundreds of millions would all die BEFORE armageddon and are guaranteed a resurrection into the paradise earth!

Farkel

• St George of England
    St George of England
    " I learned how to sleep with my eyelids still open. Very difficult but can be done if you completely tune out and look straight ahead. "

Very useful. My wife sits ready to give me a dig in the ribs as soon as she detects my breathing has changed. Any delay and I'm snoring!

George

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

Know what's funny? I could be mistaken, but I don't think that was one of the demon inspired utterances at our DC. I wonder if they picked the top issues for the area, kind of like a "giving attention to the needs of the district", haha.

• sir82
    sir82

Oh, here's another item I noticed:

In the last talk, the speaker was attempting to use his "we really care about" tone of voice. He was addressing his remarks directly to the "young ones" in the audience. "Just give the truth a chance!" he implored.

I looked around at all the kids I could see.

Everyone under the age of 21 I saw looked bored out of their minds. If I listened carefully I could hear the eye-rolls. "Come on, this is the last talk, just finish already, I've only got one more chance to get Sister Hottie's phone number......" they were thinking.

And I'm thinking "you poor dumb idiots (addressing the speaker and the GB stooges whose pseudo-sincerity he was peddling), you don't even realize you've already lost them...."

• Bella15
    Bella15

OMG ... you got me at "GLORIOUS ONES" Oh My my my ... they apply all the terms to themselves ... oh Lord this is so funny makes my head hurt!

• sd-7
    sd-7
    So you are full of pride if you don't listen to someone who refers to themself as a glorious ones. I think the "glorious ones" might have a little problem with pride.

It must be very confusing sometimes. Are they a 'composite slave', or 'glorious ones', or what? The guys who frequently remind you that they are the future rulers of the earth are accusing you of having a pride problem...

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7
    In the last talk, the speaker was attempting to use his "we really care about" tone of voice. He was addressing his remarks directly to the "young ones" in the audience. "Just give the truth a chance!" he implored.

Ah, memories. Who doesn't remember that tone of voice in the final talk? After we've finished stripping you down to the bone, here we are to reassure you.

Everyone under the age of 21 I saw looked bored out of their minds. If I listened carefully I could hear the eye-rolls. "Come on, this is the last talk, just finish already, I've only got one more chance to get Sister Hottie's phone number......" they were thinking.

Yeah, by that time, most of them are out cold or seriously fighting sleep. Also, Sister Hottie is probably not worth it. She's a lot meaner than she looks at meetings. You have no f---ing idea...

--sd-7

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If not in my lifetime, when? People were taught to believe it was imminent as far back as the 1830s, and they settled it once for all time that it was 1874. Those alive in 1872 thought that it was "Satanic" that they wouldn't live to see Armageddon. How many people are alive that heard that in 1872 and still hope to see Armageddon?

• caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit