Here's what I learned at our DC.....

by sir82 41 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber
    So you are full of pride if you don't listen to someone who refers to themself as a glorious ones. I think the "glorious ones" might have a little problem with pride.
    It must be very confusing sometimes. Are they a 'composite slave', or 'glorious ones', or what? The guys who frequently remind you that they are the future rulers of the earth are accusing you of having a pride problem...
    --sd-7

Is there new understanding about the "glorious ones" being only " FDS" which now is restricted the "GB " ?

Here was the most recent understanding I had below ...

Insight on the Scriptures (1988) Vol. 2 p. 681

(Ungodly) men were "disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones," evidently maligning such individuals as anointedChristian overseers who had certain glory conferred upon them. (Jude 3, 4, 8)

Watchtower 92 November 15 p. 22 Unlike the archangel Michael, who would not even bring a judgment against the Devil in abusive terms, the ungodly men spoke abusively of "glorious ones," evidently those with certain glory conferred upon them by God and Christ as anointed elders. Let us not show disrespect for God-given authority!

Watchtower 91 April 15 p. 31 Surely, we do not want to be like the "ungodly men" of Jude’s day who disregarded lordship and spoke abusively of glorious ones, anointed Christian elders with God-given glory, or honor, conferred upon them.—Jude 3, 4, 8.

Watchtower 89 September 15 p.22

• jgnat
    jgnat

The modern equivalent of the "faithful and wise servant".

Servant

They've got the suit right. Not so for the demeanor or the job duties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit