Is the Universe Conscious?

by still thinking 140 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Aware Being - Yes I chose to criticise your outpouring of evidence-free assertions.

For example you said the death of a star is an example of disorder. I and others told you that life is only possible if stars die in spectacular violent explosions - supernovas.

You ignored this evidence as it doesn't "vibrate" with your happy chakras.

If you have any evidence then please share it. I don't want to be wrong any longer than necessary.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Okay cofty; I will respond since you said:

"If you have any evidence then please share it. I don't want to be wrong any longer than necessary."

It's not about right or wrong, this thread is for discussing what each one things or has found on the web. -AB

"Yes I chose to criticise your outpouring of evidence-free assertions."

I don't mind criticism, but I noticed on many threads that you hammer at fellow posters as if,

you have a single minded goal to stop anything that differs from your opinion. If that describes you;

then you belong at the KH, bullying friends around and stopping then from visiting one another. -AB

"For example you said 'the death of a star is an example of disorder.' I and (not) others (your implying that)

told you that life is only possible if stars die in spectacular violent explosions - supernovas.

I mentioned that I made an attempt at light humor, this was it.

Besides I'm not the only one who has made this comparison the a stars activities;

like wise your not the only one who knows about supernovas. -AB

"You ignored this evidence as it doesn't "vibrate" with your happy chakras."

You want evidence that's allowed by Large Corporate Science driven by money;

I suggest that your too worked up to realize that your on the wrong forum.

This is a chat site, not a scientific fist fight. -AB

• AwareBeing
  • cofty
    cofty

Chat is great. There are lots and lots of chat threads on this forum.

When people make assertions about things that contradict what we already know to be reality they can expect somebody to point that out. They then have the choice of ammending their understanding of reality or launching personal attacks on whoever had the audacity to contradict them.

You chose the latter. Perhaps your chakras need tuning.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Who are you and what have you done with Still Thinking?

LOL...I'm just exploring ideas. Don't worry. I don't believe everything I read or share. I just like to look at it. And there are some things that are worth sharing IMO. I did enjoy those videos. So I thought others might too. Food for thought.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I enjoy cofty and Jefros logical thinking...and I appreciate their contribution along with Awarebeings, Satanus and everyone elses. I don't just want one sided ideas. How do you explore something fully if everyone is in agreement?

I do not personally believe in a god...but consciousness is another matter. I am open to hearing others views about that. Because it is such an interesting thing. And the universe is amazing. It's worth exploring, and getting all the ideas out there to come to our own conclusions about what we think. Even if that conclusion is...I still don't know. It is the journey to understanding that is the most exciting part.

I am most grateful that everyone has shared their perspective here. And I hope that it will remain civil. I didn't post the video to cause dramas. Just to explore and get peoples thoughts on it.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Still,

LOL...I'm just exploring ideas. Don't worry. I don't believe everything I read or share.

Same here I post stuff I don't agree 100% with, it is fun to see it get demolished, or just picked apart, and in the process lots of people learn something.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Well all, that's close enough for me. So any more ideas on the subject?

• This_suit_doesnt_fit
    This_suit_doesnt_fit

This quote seemed to apply to this thread:

"To the mystic, emotions are tools of cognition, and wishes take precedence over facts. He seeks to escape the risks of a quest for knowledge by obliterating the distinction between consciousness and reality, between the perceiver and the perceived, hoping that an automatic certainty and an infallible knowledge of the universe will be granted to him by the blind, unfocused stare of his eyes turned inward, contemplating the sensations, the feelings, the urgings, the muggy associational twistings projected by the rudderless mechanism of his undirected consciousness. Whatever his mechanism produces is an absolute not to be questioned; and whenever it clashes with reality, it is reality that he ignores.

Since the clash is constant, the mystic's solution is to believe that what he perceives is another, 'higher' reality—where his wishes are omnipotent, where contradictions are possible and A is non-A, where his assertions, which are false on earth, become true and acquire the status of a 'superior' truth which he perceives by means of a special faculty denied to other, 'inferior,' beings. The only validation of his consciousness he can obtain on earth is the belief and the obedience of others, when they accept his 'truth' as superior to their own perception of reality."-Ayn Rand

• Satanus
    Satanus

Poor ayn. So much straw. 'Course, it could apply to many. How would i know? I only know my own experiences, which weren't what i expected, or wanted.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit