Is the Universe Conscious?

by still thinking 140 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    This theory is that it all originated from something so small. Everything was once one small 'thing'.

Nope. That angle is wrong too. See previous comments about string theory. It is entirely plausible that reactions at the very small scale might influence thoughts in some unpredictable way, kind of like how thousands of mice might influence the tides, but there is no direct relationship, nor any reason to accept that there is any underlying 'consciousness' with some romantic notion that it 'unites the universe'.

• still thinking
    still thinking

sorry Jeffro...I edited my post while you were writing yours. I'm bad like that. Always changing my mind about what I want to say...LOL

Anyway...off to bed now...thanks for all the input so far.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It seems more arrogant to me to believe that we are so special that only we posses this thing we call consciousness.

You've made the mistake that saying consciousness isn't everywhere is the same as saying it's only here. It's entirely plausible that intelligence and consciousness exist elsewhere throughout the universe.

AND it is simply an IDEA based on science.

The idea is very loosely based on science, heavily influenced by pseudo-scientific philosophy.

Why could it not exist everwhere in one form or another?

Sure, why not? Why couldn't there be leprechauns and fairies outside my window? There just aren't, that's why. Thought is a process based on chemical reactions. Even if there were some alternative loosely analogous concept of 'consciousness' at the quantum level (though there is little reason to believe so), it still wouldn't be the same as 'thought' in the human sense.

The common thread to these kind of pseudo-scientific 'ideas' is they aim for a romanticised 'greater purpose'.

• poppers
    poppers

The difficulty with consciousness is that nobody really knows what it is. It can't be put under a microscope and examined because it can't be isolated like some sort of thing apart from everything else. Besides which, the very act of examining consciousness requires the presence of consciousness to do the examining, so the act of examination influences what is found.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

All though I value what the Mystics are saying I don't give mystics the final say in this matter of consciousness and making up my mind on anything. One reason is that their experience is highly subjective and kind of short on objectivity, as are all personal experiences which can cause us to jump to wrong conclusions being heavily biased on what one was expecting from years of devotion to a certain spirtual practice that takes one inside the mind.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Thank you still thinking!

What is low vibration?

Low-vibrational entities are beings that exist at a lower vibration than we do. There are many planes of energy, each vibrating at different levels. The lower realms have always been associated with amoral beings who are unethical and entirely selfish. These beings don't exist on our plane in a way that allow people to view them. The only way they can exist in this plane is to attach to humans like parasites. They feed off of our lower emotions like pain, grief, anger, rage, lust, jealousy, etc. Therefore, they influence us to create our lives in problematic ways that generate these emotions. Our chakras are the informational and energetic centers. When these beings are attached here, they have greater access to us and are better enabled to influence us. As long as we emit a higher frequency and stay focused on God, lower spirits cannot get to us; but they can still ruin our lives by using others that they control.

For more details please see...

http://www.personal-development-planet.com/thought-vibration.html

http://www.mindreality.com/nature-of-vibration-in-spiritual-dimension

http://fuzzynale.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/10-steps-to-raising-your-vibrations/

http://www.deliberatereceiving.com/other-peoples-vibrations.html#axzz2XFAjyhSe

http://www.completelifehealing.com/apps/forums/topics/show/4845252

• cofty
    cofty

Aware Being - You Ron Hubbard sound rational.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Watched the video. Made myself watch it out of courtesy to this thread.

I cannot talk with people who think like that video.

There is a market for that kind of stuff obviously.

People love big empty spaces that they can fill with their imaginations.

There ARE differences. Even the video ends with the appeal "together we can make a difference".

The real message of that video is that NO-THING-MATTERS.

Also sick of the hypnotic trance-inducing tone of the "experts" voice.

You induce trance by softly repeating things that sound sensible but are really nonsense. "Feel yourself sinking into a hole that is everything and at the same time nothing. And as you sink deeper you feel at this deepest level a glow of warmth that could propel you to dizzying heights where you float on a cushion of feeling. blah blah. At the count of 5 you will awake feeling renewed."

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hey there cofty,

I appreciate the comparison to Hubbard on an intellectual level,

yet like fellow commoners as ourselves, I keep my mind open for growth.

Ron H. on the other hand, as with many university types, hem themselves in.

Once their thesis is published, their compelled to prove it until their dieing day.

Also unlike him; there is no book to sell, based on the research I've shared here.

As former witnesses, we can relate to the evolutionists being rabid in this regard.

Now that we're conscious of the tricks of the Watchtower's G. B.; they like wise fit the bill.

What's great about the individuals on this site, is that they have little to gain.

But if we can assist one another, by sharing what we've learned; then that's a plus!

Since leaving what was once called:"our spiritual mother", we should reach out to help.

I don't want to take away anyones freedom, opinion or ability to think straight.

Nor do I expect folks line up behind everything that I write about, as I'm always changing.

So cofty, I was glad to hear that you got an interesting eye full and I hope others do to.

Peace brother, keep checking this site for cool & shocking stuff to read.

Write me any time, I won't be dogged or dogmatic; just conversantly stimulating!

That said; I'll chill now, he probably didn't mean to get me going! Oh well, it was a fun ride.

At least no one got hurt, lost money or mislead. If we want that, we know where the KH is!

• cofty
    cofty
    we can relate to the evolutionists being rabid in this regard. Now that we're conscious of the tricks of the Watchtower's G. B.; they like wise fit the bill.

"Rabid evolutionists"?

As long as we emit a higher frequency and stay focused on God, lower spirits cannot get to us

Meanwhile back in the real world "rabid" scientists are working hard to feed the hungry and heal the sick while you keep vibrating your charkras and imagining you are spreading wisdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit