Is the Universe Conscious?

by still thinking 140 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Does the universe have a collective consciousness?

At the sub nuclear level of reality...we are all one.

At the core basis of the universe is a single universal field of intelligence. All the forces of nature and all the particles of nature are all different ripples on a single ocean of existence.

A single universal field of intelligence...an ocean of existence at the basis of everything ...... mind and matter.

Share your thoughts with me on the video below if you can spare 15 minutes to watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFCdnKCesA&feature=player_embedded&list=UUyUPjC7ynR4SJoLR-f-OtGw

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

interesting!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cool. Its best to experience this for oneself. Learning to meditate is a good place to start. The deeper you meditate, the better your chance of experiencing this.

S

• still thinking
    still thinking

Glad you both enjoyed it

I think understanding how we are connected helps to unify human beings. We spend far to much time thinking about why and how we are different. It's good to be unique...but it's also good to understand we are all a product of this vast universe we live in. It helps to understand our place in it. It makes petty wars over territory and borders obsolete. The world is our collective home...we need to look after it and stop being so selfish otherwise what inheritance will we be leaving our children?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Great vid....thanx for posting...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This looks worth 15 minutes. Bookmarking. Have you ever listened to Dr. Wayne Dyer?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Cool...let me know what you think FHN. I'm not sure about Wayne Dyer, I don't think so.

Your are welcome mindblown.

Got any thoughts to share? Any other videos, or read any articles on this subject or if you've seen something you felt was thought provoking. Please share it here.

• SophieG
    SophieG

still thinking thank you for sharing.

I may have to watch this a few more times as the scientific parts are hard for me to understand. Ironically, since leaving the JWs and having to reestablish a "belief "system, this is somewhat where my thinking is headed. I am also fascinated by the Seven Universal Laws.

My favorite thought right now is: “We are all born blank slates”…and go from there…it’s kind of cool to think of what it would have been like not to have a religious dogma invade our consciousness. Are we all born without a belief in "god"?

• Terry
    Terry

Words only have the meaning that we give them.

Words without clear instances of reality can trip us up.

We very often use words as a kind of substitute for meaning---instead. These are anti-conceptual.

When we talk about the Universe or Consciousness we don't use our words (or the subsequent thoughts) scientifically enough not to trip up unless

we are VERY VERY CAREFUL.

I use the word UNIVERSE to mean absolutely EVERYTHING which "exists". Others do NOT.

In religious discussions, for example, people tell me that God is...OUTSIDE...of the Universe.

This, of course, has absolutely no meaning for me. Wouldn't "everything" also INCLUDE God???

Consciousness is tricky also. What exactly IS our consciousness? Is it the same as self-awareness?

How many of us are--for all practical purposes--TRULY self-aware?

Seriously. When we were JW's we were not!

So, all I'm saying now is that what you hold in your mind as true about the Universe or consciousness must be clearly and unambiguously

instantiated by defintions attainable and agreeable to all the rest of us----for us to participate meaingfully in your topic.

• SophieG
    SophieG

"How many of us are--for all practical purposes--TRULY self-aware?"

Way more so now that I am out...I think I am now OVERLY self-aware! Gives me migraines!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit