Carbon dating and the Global Flood - links needed

by wizzstick 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

James Brown, I despair at your stupidity.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I have also explained to you cofty in great detail that your dating methods don't work.

It's rediculous.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Actually, yes, the Sumerian epics speak of a flood, but not a global flood. Have you read the Sumerian account from which the bible acount was cribbed?

And just out of curiousity, when do you think the incident described in the Sumerian account took place?

• cofty
    cofty
    I have also explained to you cofty in great detail that your dating methods don't work

Asserting isn't the same as explaining.

James Brown - A serious question for you.

Please explain in your own words precisely what it is that you keep claiming is circular about the explanation of radiometric dating.

Just to be clear that was precisely and in your own words.

Thanks.

• James Brown
    James Brown

You don't represent all educated people or all scientific people you represent

a fringe element that needs some psychotherapy.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Yes I have read the epic of Gilgamish.

• James Brown
    James Brown

You are dating rocks based on the date of other rocks based on the date of other rocks.

None of the dates are correct, that is circular reasoning.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Sorry, I added an edit after your response: Just curious when you suspect this flood took place?

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

SIDE POINT... just... as a matter of human history:

The story of the GREAT FLOOD (Noah's or otherwise) was concieved at a time when people thought the world was flat. From the perspective of the survivors, there could have been a flood or overflowing of a river pushing them out to sea... and the experience would have blown their mind. Upon seeing land again, it would have been a miraculous. This could have been a true event... who knows.

But the term "Global Flood" is a misleading phrase for whatever historical evet referenced because at that time they didn't know there was a "globe". The concept of a great flood to them would be limited to what that civilization knew at the time, not the earth as a whole.

Like i said, just a side point.

-james

backseatdevil.com

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is the stupidity that James Brown references to, to dispel the accuracy of radio carbon dating.

It is clear that radioisotope dating is not the ‘gold standard’ of dating methods, or ‘proof’ for millions of years of Earth history. When the method is tested on rocks of known age, it fails miserably. The lava dome at Mount St Helens is not a million years old! At the time of the test, it was only about 10 years old. In this case we were there—we know! How then can we accept radiometric-dating results on rocks of unknown age? This challenges those who promote the faith of radioisotope dating, especially when it contradicts the clear eyewitness chronology of the Word of God.

Mount Saint Helen's erupted 10 years ago so the rocks are only 10 years old. .... good grief

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit