Carbon dating and the Global Flood - links needed

by wizzstick 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cofty
    cofty
    You are using the rocks to date the rocks that is what you are saying above.

No. Igneous rocks can be dated very accurately using multiple independent radiometric clocks.

Your silly Mount St Helens nonsense has been explained to you many times but you prefer to listen to buffoons like Ken Ham, Kent Hovind and Duan Gish.

If we want to date a fossil - fossils are found in sedimentary rock layers - all that is required is to date the igneous layer above it.

Read Wien's article. It was written especially for YEC christians like you. It does contain some big words but if you ask very politely we will help you.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

James - why are you quoting an 20 year article? Did you read the links I gave? Do so, the Lake Suigetsu study has provided 'a truly terrestrial record (which) gives us better resolution and confidence in radiocarbon dating. It also allows us to look at the differences between the atmosphere and oceans and study the implications for our understanding of the marine environment as part of the global carbon cycle.'

Radiocarbon dating has moved on. You need to as well.

Look at this. It pre-dates the Flood and Adam: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnenez#Dates

Thanks Cofty for the links. Appreciate those.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I havent been a JW since 83. I am long past that thinking.

Diamonds can form in a couple of hours or a couple of days.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I am open to there being no God.

I am open to the earth being old.

But i am convinced by scientific methods and principals that the dating methods expoused

on this board are erroneous.

And since I lost 30 years of my life to the lies and deceptions of the Watchtower Society.

I cross all my t's and dot all my I's before I start waving anyone else's flag.

The dating methods of the atheistic evolutionist would not stand up in my court.

Any hypothesis that relies on circular reasoning to explain fails my test.

I would think it would fail any thinking persons test.

Your seeing what you want to see. Everyone does that. That is not scientific.

It's psychotic.

• Comatose
    Comatose

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/diamond.html?c=y&page=2&device=ipad

Not lab diamonds. Real ones and I guess my question on diamonds should have been how old do you think they are. See the above article.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I don't know about all ancient peoples thinking the earth was flat.

I guess some of them could have thought that I remember in school hearing about Atlas

holding the earth on its shoulders and othe mythys of the earth being on a tortose.

Maybe in quantum physics that's possible.

I've read books about ancient people before the time of Sodom and Gomorah.

Flying around in baloons and there is evidence amongst the ancient people that they had

airplanes, if they had baloons or airplanes they would have seen the curvature of the earth and

known it was not flat.

I will give you some people thought the earth was flat. There is even a flat earth society today.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

You've still not read the article on Lake Suigetsu. Here's a key quote:

These varves allow a chronology to be established, because of the leaf fragments embedded in them, which have been used to calibrate the Carbon-14 time scale beyond the range of the absolute tree-ring calibration.

They have THOUSANDS of years of lake sediment to calibrate RC dating. TENS OF THOUSANDS of years. Look at when the results were published - 2012! Not 1992!!

As I said, science moves on. You need to keep up if you have credible points to make

• James Brown
    James Brown

You say not lab diamonds real ones.

You cant answer that question nor can I.

But if lab ones could form in hours...

It's up for grabs.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Another small side note (sorry)

You can carbon date as much as you want using whatever method you want... you're not going to get how old the earth is. Our planet, is a regenerating planet... rock goes down one tactonic plate and pops back up on the other side and in the process a lot of stuff on the surface gets shifted around-different kind of rocks get formed... diamonds get made, whatever. But the most you will ever get is the history of when that particular "rock" formed, however it was formed and made it's appearance on the surface. It's not going to take you back any further than that. It's just the nature of how our planet functions.

just... had to throw that in there.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Just a for a bit of comic relief...

The Chinese people were brewing beer 3,000 years before Adam was created.

http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/2005/07/0718_050718_ancientbeer_2.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit