Evolution is Crap, there I said it!

by Crazyguy 261 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

So, Crazy Guy, you don't like living in big cities.

You love football.

You drive an SUV.

Those damn chem trails drive you buggy.

Vaccinations are an evil plot by the illuminati.

Your favorite song is "Gimme that ol' time Religion"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Get what?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I read something recently that explains a part of evolution in very simple terms. There is a certain fish that they found in two parts of a river divided by a waterfall, I will call them blackfish Downstream, there exists a predator that eats blackfish, above the falls, no predator. There is a gene that makes the blackfish bolder, more apt to explore. Most of the blackfish above the falls have this this gene. Most of the blackfish below the falls do not. The blackfish below the falls do not have the gene, so they are shy, more cautious, and better able to hide from the predators. The blackfish above the falls are bolder, and better able to explore and find food. At one time they were evenly mixed, some with this gene some without. The new conditions of the predator fish changed things, because the shy fish were better able to survive, so they were more likely to reproduce, in that environment. This to be expected, what was interesting about this is that they did an experiment and introduced the predator fish to the area above the falls. Within only a few generations, the fish with the exploring gene became a minority, the shy fish without the gene then began to predominate. This all happened within a few generations, imagine the effect of millions of years, what kind of changes could occur.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

CrazyGuy, you've made baby Darwin cry.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Evolution is crap, there I said it

-----said no serious scientist ever

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

snareandracket. I am interested genuinely. life itself amazes me..hot blooded v cold blooded animals.....plants v animals....communication...choices....beliefs....the older I get the more I realize that anything is possible...as for God...where did 'he' come from if he does exist....as a longtime jw I often gave talks using a sieve as the theory of evolution.....full of holes and doesn't hold water...but since coming out.....keeping options open!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Westiebilly11 asked, " as for God...where did 'he' come from if he does exist..."

We can ask the same question about Superman, the Man of Steel, who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman, who fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!

...and we have photographic PROOF of the existence of Superman! No such proof for god.

• cofty
    cofty

Westiebilly11 - All of us who were one JWs used to reject evolution like you do.

It has taken me 10 years of reading about it to properly understand the basics. It is astonishing. It is "The Greatest Show on Earth."

Feel free to ask questions. There are lots of us who are happy to help.

This thread will give you an introduction to some of the evidence but you really need to read a few books on it to clear up some misunderstandings.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

10 or even 7 years ago I might have posted this thread. Then I, after pulling my head (which the WT jammed up there) out of my ass, realized I was blinded by WT propaganda.

• Heaven
    Heaven

When I was around 15-16 years old (that's goin' back a while now... um ... 1978-1979 era), my Mom says to me one day ...

"Ya know, there might be something to Evolution after all."

Inside my head was an enormous screeching sound, like the sound of a car travelling at speed with the brakes suddenly applied. This was followed by a 'Speak to the Hand' sentiment (also inside my head).

I'm not sure what my expression was on my face but it was probably something like WTF?!

She had emphatically and vehemently denied Darwin's Theory of Evolution for my entire life and suddenly this enormous flip flop?! It had to be something she read, I suspect in one of the ragazines.

This was just one of many significant events in my teenage life that led me to believe the JWs weren't quite right.

Skeptical Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit