Brothers told to pack an "Armagedon survival bag."...bid gossip in Aust!

by Witness 007 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I don't get how people leave a con, laugh at it, cry over it, point at it and ask "how, why?" .....all whilst walking right into another one, with nothing more than a name change.

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

This thread is now alive today- "local needs" part-- Are you prepared for disasters?

Loving provision from Jehovah to have your "To-Go Bag".

Emphasis wasn't on Armaggedon but disasters in general.

I guess I should get mine together since I am not being obedient to the "slave"!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

bruh2012:

It's nice of them to bring this up again since many people in the religion are just plain stupid and have to be told how to tie their shoes. After 9/11 and recent hurricanes, it is common sense to think about having extra provisions, etc.

But for those JWs thinking it's the big "A", just where do they think they are going with their go-bags???

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

But for those JWs thinking it's the big "A", just where do they think they are going with their go-bags???

They will propbably go to the Kingdom Hall. There use to be an "unoffical" belief that the KH was like a sanctuary where JW's would be protected like the Israelites with the blood on the door posts were. Some will even come dressed up for meeting. They will organize things, then probably start witnessing to any neighbors around the KH property. Just my guess.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Hmm! Back in the day (i.e. 1975) when the biblical tribulation was on every faithful witnesses mind, many brothers (at least in Aust.) had emergency supplies packed away.

They came to be known as, "tribbie bags."

I remember an Aussie circuit overseer (name of Vaughan Guy - is he still around?) poking a bit of fun at the idea of 'tribbie bags.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit