Brothers told to pack an "Armagedon survival bag."...bid gossip in Aust!

by Witness 007 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So my mum excitedly calls and tells me how the brothers are now told to pack a survival emergency bag, so the Tribulation is coming!!! Talk about clutching at straws. Shes packed her bible of course and the some non essential stuff like food...he he. Better check the used by date on the food in afew years.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ah yes I remember about 6 years ago we were told in Australia to get a grab bag ready for emergencies and keep it by your front door. And the jws said, 'boy, the great trib must be coming soon, they're really preparing us for it!' I just remember constantly pilfering from the emergency stash when I ran out of milk or chocolate or something.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I've heard this too, but is it not for natural disasters ect....rather than the great tribulation?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

yea right Jehovers holy love... Witness 007...love the joke about needing to provide there own canned food....but the real giggle for indoctrinatedwitnesses is watching as Gods love kills all those annoying creeps who rejected a knock at the door...and whos laughing at this genoside? our mums..

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

The Mormons have end of the world stores so you can buy your survivor stuff for the end of the world. Of course like JW teaching only Mormons will make it. It sounds like some enterprising JW is trying to make a buck. Totally ADD

• Listener
    Listener

There is a comment made in relation to this in the September, 2013 wt which I quoted elsewhere, it states

11 In addition to helping us stay awake spiritually, the directions that we have received help us with matters of everyday life. Examples include maintaining a balanced view of material things and keeping a simple eye in order to reduce anxiety. We have also benefited from guidance regarding our dress and grooming, choosing wholesome entertainment, and deciding on the appropriate amount of education. And think of the safety reminders we have received as to our homes, automobiles, Kingdom Halls, and preparing for possible emergencies. Such counsel shows that God cares about our well-being.

• *lost*
    *lost*

lol, I remeber having these convo's not too long ago.

Never did get me bag sorted though. lol.

To be fair, depending on where you live, it's not a bad idea, lots of natural disasters.

But it is 'tribulation time' mantra.

Also, I used to get a bit confused, if je-hovah is gonna provide and take care of you, why on earth do you need to worry about a thing !

Of course, now we know 'da troof' lol.

• designs
    designs

Formula for Tribulation survival: length of Tribulation X daily consumption of beers = cases required.

• *lost*
    *lost*

and a good stash of herbal remedies, to help with all the stress, lol.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WITNESS 007:

This idea of a "Go bag" is not new and is just a repeat of sensible advice given by secular sources in the wake of natural disasters in recent years. (Getting to higher or safer ground, escaping flooding, and having essentials and personal papers, etc.) Common sense, really.

With respect to the Witnesses though and Armagonnageddum: just WHERE the hell are they going ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit