Brothers told to pack an "Armagedon survival bag."...bid gossip in Aust!

by Witness 007 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NCO
    NCO

Yeah good luck with a JW survival bag. Those Watchtowers are going to take up a lot of space that would be better used to store food, first aid supplies, and ammo. Oh wait, they'll be the sheep that the wolves target the most quickly because it is common knowledge that JW's are fobidden to arm themselves.

When a disaster hits or there is some temporary interruption of basic services, the JW's are going to immediately make enemies out of all their neighbors because they only look out for each other. Know what Jesus would be doing? Knocking on his next door neighbors' doors and trying to work together with all of them to get through the crisis and LEADING BY EXAMPLE.

• Pickler
    Pickler

Clarity & rebel yes, yes, yes! Me too!

this was done in the 70s.

seems funny, now, but this is a horrible thing to put in the minds of little children. Don't forget the JW parent tells their 3/4/5 year olds this stuff. And it's so damaging. I remember constantly being afraid as a child. We had hills across the road from us & I used to look for places to hide all the time.

I also felt constant guilt over everyone who was about to die.

I also felt fear, because even at 5 I knew the great Jehovah was not going to protect the JW whilst destroying all the worldly people, why would he? All around me JW were getting cancer, having car accidents etc etc in the same way as everyone else.

By the time I was a teen I developed a lot of behaviours which I later found out were related to anxiety.

laughingly, my JW parent in one of her reminiscent moments commented once about what a carefree childhood I had!!!!!!!!! It really is child abuse to tell children these things.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hey kids all your friends and family that dont spend their lives reading these pamphlets are going to die forever soon.... Now pack your survival kit, its Christmas tomorrow and goodness knows what may happen on such an ungodly day.

OY! Little Naomi, stop,moaning and underline your Watchtower or I will give you something to cry about!

"But.... I'm bored and tired and..."

**SMACK**

2 days later....... "hello would you like to read this leaflet on the secrets to a happy family life?"

Dudes and dudetes, our lives were FUC*ED up! I remember my brother getting a beating for walking to school with a girl, and once we both got destroyed for talking to our non JW grandparents.

Could have done with a bloody survival kit back then! An inflatable life size replica of a Rutherford tomb, a copy of 'crisis of conscience'' and some none processed, nutritional food (yes I'm being metaphorical).

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I was thinking about how the WTS predicts how Armageddon and the GT will unfold. It is really just fear mongering that encourages the cult mentality.

They want JWs to believe that survivng the impending disaster, is dependent on them belonging to the group.

It is not just Gods war on mankind they have to worry about, it is the authority's turning on JWs as a group. They teach them that they will have to be close to the congregation when this happens, which could be anytime, and this keeps many JWs scared and involved with the group.

It is totally bizarre when you are out of it and so obviously a cult, but the poor JWs are trapped in this cult thinking.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

What's the matter, dubbies? Isn't manna good enough for you?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Don't be so silly.

Well, the thing about prophecy is that it either comes to pass or it doesn't. As my economics professor said back in school, if you keep predicting disaster, eventually you'll be right. Mormons don't thrive on or live in an atmosphere of fear, and if they do, they're all keeping it a tight knit secret from me. I have no fear of death nor do I do a lot of hand-wringing about the future. I have a modest food supply and a bugout bag; however, I live in Washington, D.C., and if anything serious hit, I'd be toast. So be it.

Also, I'm much more terrified of my elected representatives than I am of the most rabid terrorist. With $17 trillion in debt, and a president who vacations for a living, one doesn't have to be a prophet to tell that we won't be able to sustain our world power status and our economic wealth as a nation for long.

So don't be so naive.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Coldsteel :so, I'm much more terrified of my elected representatives than I am of the most rabid terrorist. With $17 trillion in debt, and a president who vacations for a living, one doesn't have to be a prophet to tell that we won't be able to sustain our world power status and our economic wealth as a nation for long

Ahhh..., Anotheranother Chicken Little. When I left the dubs, I gave up on all the doomsday mentality. While there is always concerns about world events, and politics, I refuse to live a bunker mentality, where every negative event is perceived as a sign of eminent doom. I see no advantage in constantly anticipating disaster. I make reasonable preparations in case of disaster, I believe in preparing for the worst, but expecting the best, whether or not the president takes a vacation.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

We were told to do that in the US many years ago. They even gave us a list of stuff we should have and how often to replenish our goods.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Blondie

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Of course, they copied it right out of a United Nations brochure that is much more readable.

The WTBTS has no God-given idea on how to protect you any better during a disaster than the rest of mankind.

The sole soul massager germinating from their minds is prayer.

View full document [PDF 7.09 MB]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit