I just informed the parents about me and the TTATT... heart wrenching

by sosoconfused 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Didn't hurt nearly as bad as you thought eh? Proud of you.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I want to thank you all for the good words etc... it really really really helps.

My Dad just left me a voicemail that says this exactly, "I appreciate you being truthful with us. Although I may not completely understand your stance I can see why you would take this stand. Your mother is pretty upset with me because I won't stand with her on this - but you are my son and I love you. I didn't spend much time with any of my 3 kids when you were growing up because I was always working to provide the necessities for you. Then when we returned to the truth all my focus was that if I do more for Jehovah the family would be great. But you know that I still spent even less time with you guys.

I wish I could take it back but i can't. With logically just a few years left I don't want them to be completely seperated from you. So I look forward.... end of message

2mnd message: Like I said pick me up for fishing tomorrow. Seeya

It looks like it wont be as bad as i anticipated

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Your dad seems like a good man

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Bravo!!!!!!!! Good for you!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Lets not let this mess up our relationship..."

You are really "lucky".

If my dad was alive, I think that is how he would react too.

I suspect your dad at least has an inkling of TTATT. He was an elder. He knows all about the BS politics of the whole Organization. But he 70+ years old!!!! What the hell are they to do? WHERE are they to go?? (Yes I KNOW that's NOT what Peter asked!) ALL of their friends -- past & present -- are likely all tied up in the JW religion. It is their social network. Their Facebook. It's easier for him to deny the TTATT and live out their last few years in the comfort they have come to know.

Good luck in the life you have ahead of you.

Doc

• earthfire
    earthfire

Awesome!

• humbled
    humbled

I love your dad

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Wow...what a great outcome!!! I sending well wishes to your mother to let her love shine brighter than her allegiance to the WTBS.

Enjoy your Father...I see your relationship strengthening since you are able to live in REAL TRUTH!!!

• flipper
    flipper

SOSOCONFUSED- I know how difficult it is to open up about your doubts and disagreements with the WT Society as I did that with my older JW parents as well. Your dad does sound like a good man who is willing to look at you with an authentic personality- not a cult personality - in order to stay close to you. That's a very good thing. Your mom is just a scared, frightened cult member who is in fear of the WT Society and it's leaders.

Remember one thing- your folks have been JW's for many years and for many old JW's it would be too hard to admit that they had wasted all of their life, or a good portion of it on a organization that lied to them. Don't expect them to change their views at this point . I know my parents won't and they are 88 & 86 yrs.old. Been in it since 1951. Both of my parents respect my exiting the organization and respect that I don't believe in it and that I won't tolerate WT Society injustices. But for them it's too hard to admit it to themselves . It would destroy them to admit the WT Society is wrong. So- I don't push it anymore, I just dwell on non-JW topics seems to work better for keeping the peace and maintaining family relations. They know my stand and I'm good with that. I know where they stand- so I let them believe their illusions- yet I never compromise or agree with their beliefs. I wish you the best of luck in proceeding with your relationship with your folks. Just take it easy, be smooth, and of course honest - but remember they probably won't change. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

sosonotconfused anymore. I am going back to read the responses in a minute. But first I wanted to say that your mom knows the deal. That is why she had to leave. You hit a nreve with her and she is not ready to take it. She knows in her heart that you are speaking truth, otherwise, your comments would not have had any affect on her. But they did! She knows..........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit