I just informed the parents about me and the TTATT... heart wrenching

by sosoconfused 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• Comatose
    Comatose

Congrats on how you handled that. An observation I will make. Isn't it funny that someone like your dad goes through motions and isn't serious about it really, but the buzz words and cult speak still come so naturally? Creepy how deep our parents are.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. . . That is something! I would consider it a success, even if your mother's reaction was negative.

I don't know what your parent's relationship is like, but if its a good one, they will be doings lot of talking in the days to come. Who knows, maybe your father will talk her down.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Wow, this reminds me of my own experience with my family. Only you were actually prepared with documentation--not that it entirely helped, sadly--whereas I wasn't, since I didn't even know my family knew about the judicial committee that had just ended. (Either someone knows I'm sd-7, or my wife told like, everyone on earth; otherwise, the elders violated the hell out of 'confidentiality'.)

Anyway, sounds like a bittersweet moment. My big brother's last words to me after our long discussion about these issues was, "F--- you." So it's safe to say you fared a bit better than I did, ha ha!

But it does sound like a really emotional thing to go through, and I'm sorry you had to deal with that. It's a very painful thing. I never wanted to see my mom or my brother again after our conversation was over. To say nothing of my wife, but then bringing her into that was my own fault anyway.

It's...just sad that these kinds of events are being replayed over and over in so many lives, all because of this religion. How they can refer to this as 'true religion' is beyond me. But maybe that's not a contradiction at all, and this is how true religion really works in its purest form.

--sd-7

• Comatose
    Comatose

Wow SD how theocratic of your brother.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

soso-You are really, truly brave. Your poor mother, insisting on being completely mislead. I'm glad your father was more reasonable and willing to accept your beliefs without rocking the boat...my mom would react ths exact same way that yours has...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

this religion is fucked up

that's all there is to it

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Wow SD how theocratic of your brother.

"Oh, you have no idea, sir!" He's an MS and pioneer, giving public talks, at that. I would never say something like that out loud to someone, even if I thought it in my head, much less to family, so it was definitely a shock to me.

Perhaps I should include a link to that classic battle-of-the-family here, just as a refreshing memory (oldies are goodies, truly) and to show you, sosoconfused, you are definitely not alone in having had this stuff happen:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/190051/1/Ambushed-Famly-Intervention

--sd-7

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Blondie - its amazing that they butcher that scripture that way. When i bring things to their attention they just gloss it over.

Thanks for all the encouraging words guys. I do appreciate them all. THe one thing that gets me though is the term "the slave". IT rolls off the tongue so easily. It means so much to them, but they fail to realize that it is a group of people who don'tgive two shits about them.

I swear to God she said it atleast 40 times in a 50 minute span. I repeatedly told her that there is no slve class... show me in the bible where there is a slave class. No answer... its just all implied.

Worse still is the fact that I literally took them page by page through the new light in the July magazine. She had studied it but still said I was lying when I brought out the points that she just studied!?!?!? They dont have the mental capacity to comprehend what they are reading so they just go with it.

When I told her that they no longer believe Russell was the slave so how could his "prophecy" of 1914 have any meaning. They just stared at me. I then said Jesus apostles... not the slave... she pretty much called me an apostate. I said why don't you just read the magazine again. She admitted that it didn't matter what changed because if it came from the slave it is coming from Jehovah. I did the ever so familiar face-palm and just moved on

• Ding
    Ding

Ditto to what Cofty said.

You have a lot of courage.

I hope it works out for you.

We're here if and when you need us.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done for being so honest and brave. It's so heartbreaking that they have this power to damage families. I hope it makes your mum think, at least your dad is trying to maintain things between you. Send some flowers or something just saying that you'll always love them? Love never fails.

Loz x

Just editing to add, it never fails, but cults really damn well interfere with it....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit