I just informed the parents about me and the TTATT... heart wrenching

by sosoconfused 77 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Love your dad, he has regrets and is man enough to admit it. I do think he has an idea that there are problems with this religion. Report back after the fishing trip, please.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

You can give your mom good news, that on the july 15th WT page 8 par 17/18 (I think) is where the society says that Jesus didn't appoint a faithful slave over all his belongings back in 1919 and still has no yet done that, it's in the future.

Since they said that, then obviously there is no organization being used exclusively for anything or given worldwide authority over anything is there?

• mind blown
    mind blown

Craziness! 49 years?! But I really have to hand it to her She at least read the article.

I have an aunt who's been in for about that long too. Her attitude for EVERYTHING is...."Oh well, Jah will take care of it".....so passive....so sheepie....

So very true! They always changes things up!

And you know what else they do? They slyly sneak things in study articles! Many times they'll just have a short blurb (without really digging in) and it's soon forgotten....

Which reminds me of something! Along with the Nu Lite I think they also slyly mentioned a rapture type thing happeing with the annointed! I'm pretty sure I read it here!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

sosoconfused. Very well done. If more exwitnesses did this I believe the Watchtower would fall quicker. You will feel better for not deceiving your parents.

• *lost*
  • clarity
    clarity

SoSo ..happy for you!

Your Mom had a moment of clarity. A shaft of light got in.

Otherwise she would not have been so moved ... she wasn't

angry ... a crack just opened up enough for her to see the lie!

The truth can be very hard to accept.

I agree .... flowers, hugs & patience for Mom.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The fact your mum was reading the article for herself SoSo, shone out to me.

There it is in black & white in the WATCHTOWER that Jesus is not her mediator.......not her saviour.

She is hurting................love her loads.

When they first claimed Jesus as mediator just for themselves & said the Bible was only written for them it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I spoke to elders about it & they couldn't see the issues it raised.

The dubbies are not aware that the FDS have taken the place of Jesus as their mediator.

Oh the blasphemy.............they are truly the 'Evil slave'.......Wolves in sheeps clothing...........beating their fellows.

The 'millstone' is around thier necks.

Hoab

• Fernando
    Fernando

Very simple and powerful reasoning on the mediator issue sosoconfused - you may have to change your name.

All I would add is: "why does the truth scare you so much mom?"

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Your Dad is an awesome Dad .....

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well done Soso. You are just being open and honest. Your Mum's reaction is interesting. Let her ponder on it.

I'm glad your Dad is such a great bloke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit