600 people up and left the DC after the 'apostate' talk?

by Julia Orwell 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

This dc was in Missouri I think. I don't know anything about Missouri, but I know the sis who told me this lives in a neighboring state to Missouri.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

doubtful if the walk out was in direct response to the talk, a vast percentage of the JW's in audience at a DA pay very little attention to the talks unless of course a big shot is giving a special talk, it really just goes to show the apathy the R&F are showing and how boring and pointless they are all finding it.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

There didn't happen to be a Starbucks nearby, did there?

That would better explain 600 JWs leaving the convention.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I wouldn't read too much into it. There'll be those who wanted an early lunch and were only missing the Baptism talk which they'll have heard a zillion times before. Others will have fancied the afternoon off for whatever reason (was there some other big event or attraction in the city?). I think only a minority will have left due to being offended by the Apostasy talk.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Julia, there were some protesters at 1 Missouri DC that I know of.

That " apostate " talk made it extremely clear what " apostates " are. If you are not causing divisions and you pretend to be sincere in your questionings then they cannot really brand you as an apostate. Their crazy rantings might make fading easier if you play your cards right. That DC sure did suck.

One great thing was that I managed to " contribute " once again! That means I went to the bank, made a withdrawl of $100.00, that money went into my private stash. Anytime I can divert the money that my wife tries to conribute to the pedo-defense fund into my own wallet is a great day! I have a good little stash, and it continues to grow!

Anyone reading this: PLEASE STOP CONTRIBUTING!!! It will make you feel great, and you will have extra $$$ for emergencies, or for fun. The WTBTS does not need or deserve your money! My KH has not been able to pay the bills for almost a year! I hope the trend continues!

( Rant over )

I recommend going to the DC for the " apostate " talk. Just hearing the tone in person is an experience that will strengthen your resolve to get out, stay out, or help others escape!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting, that in that talk they used a scripture quoting the 'name' of that apostate back then. Why don't they quote the name of "Raymond Franz," a former Governing Body member disfellowshipped back in the '80s. Because, they absolutely 'fear' to mention his name as they fear it would create curiosity and questions in behalf of many rank & file. Afterall, he wrote books about the inner workings among the GB,, their real history and flip-flops. He was not arrogant, but of the humblest among them. He never developed, nor desired to, an organized religion from among them, but spoke the real 'truth' about the GB arrogant workings and manipulations.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Almost sounds like the start of a new urban myth. They can spin it as "the talk is weeding out secret apostates amid us".

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

Can someone post a link to that talk? Laverite, your 1st comment made me laugh

• mindnumbed
  • flipper
    flipper

" Poisonous lies " ? " Smooth talk on the Internet " ? What do you have to hide WT Society ? Why are you so frightened of JW's seeking out information on the Internet ? Scared of skeletons that might come tumbling out of closets ? Yes indeed. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit