600 people up and left the DC after the 'apostate' talk?

by Julia Orwell 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

An 'apostate' inactive JW in America I know on Facebook went to the DC and said fully 600 people left between the end of the apostate talk and the lunch break. Have any of you who also went to the DC seen something like this happen?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

all i know is i will not be going!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Maybe they just didn't go back after lunch. I saw that happen at Circuit Assemblies before. Some arrive late and leave after lunch.

I know I won't be going. It's wonderful not going to conventions anymore. I hated them.

Maybe they all were apostates and just wanted to hear the apostate talk to post about on JWN,lol.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I've seen many leave due to complete boredom. But I don't doubt that that happened. Soon the report will be thousands leaving after that type of talk. After all they spew utter hate towards us.

• laverite
    laverite

Sorry but they just didn't go back after lunch. A talk is not going to cause hundreds to up and leave. JWs aren't programmed that way. They are, however, programmed to make endless justifications and lie based on technicalities. So they were bored out of their minds, and one person in their family had a bit of gas. That then becomes a sudden attack of gastrointestinal illness that requires they take immediate leave from the Convention to take care of this medical emergency. And they will have to miss the next day, too, just in case. Sucks but what else can you do? Jehovah understands!

• earthfire
    earthfire

Does anyone have a link to the talk?

• Gayle
    Gayle

wonder what the total attendance was, morning and afternoon. Probably wouldn't announce with that difference.

after the 'apostate,' talk was the baptism talk

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Probably just like all the people who'd shoot off after the drama then.

I'm so glad I don't have to go to those things anymore. If I didn't take the Monday after off, it would take me four weeks to recover from one of those. All the getting up early, driving ages, sitting around all day, promenading at lunch (I liked that bit) and long days would leave me flattened. Now I can go to the Jazz festival instead. Every year, our DC is the same weekend as the Jazz festival and I'd miss out. Not this year baby!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My friend's exact words:

They have again redefined them... At the end of the talk almost 600 people got up and LEFT. As in didn't come back.. I KNOW the baptism talk is a time many get up to go potty since it "doe sn't apply to them" but the count for the afternoon was well over 500 less than this morning.... I think something from the talk must have made them leave.. I found it interesting.. I taped that part..

• watson
    watson

Laverite has it pegged!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit