600 people up and left the DC after the 'apostate' talk?

by Julia Orwell 61 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

Spewing utter hate towards us will or is having a

damaging effect in the borg. Why, our JW families members

do not hate us. Think about it, they have been told for years

we are showing love by shunning. Now you are telling us to

hate my mother, father, brother and sister. They are making it

very clear and personal for any one that leave the borg, you

are a apostate. I,m sure many JW,s are very uncomfortable with

this type of hateful speech.

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

Earthfire, Although I am waiting on some technical support to get the audio/video posted correctly here is a link: http://youtu.be/HSEVEeUSkD0?t=2m

It is truly revolting so do not listen unless you want to be pissed! I kept thinking people's families are actually listening to them speak of their own family like this.

I think if we try really hard (not in everyones case) to swallow our pride and act ridiculously loving and nice we can make these bastard look like huge liars...enuf ranting, sorry!

• laverite
    laverite

Nicsfreedom - thank you for posting this link. I'm listening to it right now.

• laverite
    laverite

According to this talk, the "Characteristics of Apostates" are:

1. They reject God's service.

2. They want to take others with them, drawing them away from Jehovah and cause divisions.

3. They claim to serve Jehovah but they reject His representatives here on Earth.

So....What must we do to protect ourselves from apostacy? Avoid apostates, even avoiding limited contact. We do not allow them into our homes by reading what they write, watch shows they are on or go on their websites or make comments on their blogs. "We love Jehovah's organization." Avoid them like someone who has a "contagious, deadly disease." Stay busy in the work of sharing God's word of truth with others so that you will forever enjoy Jehovah's divine seal of approval.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I wish I'd been 'smart' enough to leave in the afternoons.

I was too sincere. Should have made an appearence in the mornings... said my 'Hellos' at lunchtime (the only part worth anything), and got the hell out of dodge.

I'm sure this is a strategy for many regardless of the program.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Laverite, I enjoyed reading your story. It certainly is inspiring! I have a theory about the six hundred. After the apostasy talk, they felt the urge to vomit, so they reasoned, must be coming down with something. Must get home. So, would you be so kind and explain to us what happens to the human psyche on a subliminal level when one is exposed to such high levels of hatred and abuse.

• Listener
    Listener

You make an interesting point Jam. I've talked about disfellowshipping when JWs have come around in their house to house work. They believe that in recent years the GB has softened and doesn't take the hard stand it once did. I couldn't believe it when I heard them say this because it is not what we read in the magazines.

I can only think that it is the older elders that have softened and this is not what the GB want. The idea has been confirmed by some of the recent elders meetings that have been mentioned on here. They have brought out the whip and basically told the elders to be tougher.

So when you get a conflicting message at an assembly, it is going to have some JWs appalled at the position they are supposed to take.

• *lost*
    *lost*

great post

As we get older, we slow down.

Life knocks off our 'rough' edges and we get 'polished', it's a natural refining process.

We don't have the energy, zeal or vigour of our youths, even that 'natural aggression' which drives us on, fades.

Also in general society as a whole, I think people are calmer, nicer and just want to get along and live a happy life.

The jw elders, some have been in for 20, 30, 40 yrs etc. They must be burned out.

I think they have just had enough, are becoming wiser and are starting to think.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They always put the risky talks before lunch or before the programme end. Nobody is listening.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I live in NY and I don't think it is that unusual. Many break up the DC and go for 1/2 days and make it up at a different one. It's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit