600 people up and left the DC after the 'apostate' talk?

by Julia Orwell 61 Replies latest jw friends

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I agree and noticed the "HUMAN APOSTATES" designation also.

We're JUST LIKE SATAN but only humans.

We're like SATAN but only in HUMAN form.

Tell me that they do not have a complete library of books to show them how bend peoples thinking without them even being aware that it's being done.

NJY

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Isn't it lovely that the WBT$ thinks about us mentally ill apostates at every DC? Good grief, we don't have to picket/protest DC anymore, they do it for us.

Now I have been out for 25 years plus and I listened to that Youtube recording of Human Apostates. Never in my entire JW life have they ever come out so heavy handed on those who choose to not be JWs anymore. This is all out war! As a social worker I am beyond appalled at the word choices of "Mentally ill, diseased. If this is not slander, right from the top, I would hate to hear what they do call slander. I really think there is a class action law suit here for the use of those terms. Can anyone imagine if the WBTS came out and called all Catholics Mentally diseased? Even with the nicest, milk toast, Pope in the world as we have in Pope Francis, he would not stand for this. What would YOUR neighbors say or do if you called them "mentally diseased" for any reason what-so-ever! What if you told your neighbor's children their parents were mentally diseased? Either a police officer or a shot gun would be at your door in no time.

And here is the big one..... MINOR children being told their parents are "mentally diseased" either indirectly or directly. That IS a law suit! Never mind friends that we understand their desperation to seperate families.... the WAY they are doing it is pure slander. They have crossed the line with this one.

• jam
    jam

Dropoff; "not usual at all for an afternoon session to

have fewer in attendance". Wow how things have changed.

I recall around 1971, DC at Dodger Stadium. Because of my

job I left before the afternoon session. Of course one need not leave for

food, but as I was leaving the Stadium my car was the single car

leaving that afternoon. It was weird, hoping the big one didn,t

come. The olds days no one left, and we are talking about three and

four days.

• caliber
    caliber

They're scared of anyone that won't obey them, as shown by their heavy-handed approach in labeling anyone with a contrary opinion as ones causing divisions and serving satan.

Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it. (Matthew 10:34–39)

Is "causing divisions "always a bad thing even according to the Bible ? Or does it mean you have presented convincing arguments to thinking people

Causing division is a observation.. not a conviction of either good or bad in itself

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Result does not justify the means

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I haven't finished reading all of the replies but from my experience there was always a higher count in the afternoon session so I am surprised there was a 600 person decrease.

• blondie
    blondie

The drama used to be Sunday morning, but the WTS found that about 800 people left and did not stay for the afternoon. Was the Apostate talks in the morning? Could be people came just for that and left.

• metatron
    metatron

As for Sunday's, it's not unusual to leave after the morning session because the afternoon is just boring rehash.

OTOH, the GB wets their pants about apostates when apathy is eating up their organizational-idol. Very dumb.

metatron

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Either way the GB will lose in the longrun...I hope. A shame there's just so much human wreckage left behind.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the majority of the WTS. doctrines concern fear and trepidation, fear again is used to created

a warning around people who are in opposition to their teachings/doctrines.

All cults pretty much do the same thing, for its a means to sustain their own power and control over

people' s minds.

Going as far as calling these ones mentally diseased is not surprising coming from this corrupt organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit