Valedictorian Rips Up Preapproved Speech, Recites Prayer Instead

by Sam Whiskey 469 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
  • Simon
    Simon

Yes, different when it's something that the Christians don't want to hear.

They seem less enthusiastic for free-speech when it's things they don't want to have said (ironic, given that hell is their invention)

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Marvin you are hurting my brain. I don't expect you to believe me without evidence of course, but I thought I'd let you know anyway.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Tsk Tsk. You should know that brains have no nerves in them. They can operate on brains without anesthetics. Show me proof of a human brain that can actually feel localised pain before you make these unsupported assertions.

• Laika
    Laika

I think it is disrespectful to force prayer on people without their permission. I am a Christian now but I am sensitive to this as I know how uncomfortable I would have felt as a JW in that situation... Golden rule eh?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    I think it is disrespectful to force prayer on people without their permission.

Even worse when there's an official "no prayer" policy, the prayer giver agrees to said policy, then disregards his agreement to force his audience to listen to a prayer.

I am a Christian now but I am sensitive to this as I know how uncomfortable I would have felt as a JW in that situation

Exactly. And this is all the more reasonable commentors were saying.

When you're in a group with varying religions, views, backgrounds, sensitivities, etc., sometimes the best thing to say on sensitive subjects is- nothing.

Profound statements can be made without invoking pretend gods and religious ideologies.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Show me proof of a human brain that can actually feel localised pain before you make these unsupported assertions.

Eek gad !

Another Shilmerite.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Not true! Like Marvin, I am just a huge AAWA fan!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ye gads, Marvin logic is taking over!

AAWA!

• Simon
    Simon

I don't see how the AAWA are relevant to this topic other than one of two scenarios:

• You support Marvin's viewpoint purely and simply because you are in the same 'gang'. Not cool.
    • This is some orchestrated 'lets be disruptive and ruin discussions' campaign. Even less cool.

Please stick to the topic being discussed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit