Julia gets hit with the Shun Gun for the first time...and it really hurts.

by Julia Orwell 64 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

JULIA- I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know it's difficult , extremely so, when you first exerience it- however always remember this one thing- YOU have NOTHING to feel guilty about. You are in the right. The JW's who shun us whether it be our JW family or former close friends - ARE IN THE WRONG due to the negative , inhumane influence of the WT Society and it's leaders manipulating their minds to THINK that way.

Please know that many of us here feel you and your experience and we are here as a friend and support to you. Hang in there, we all send our love to you. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Deepest sympathy. I had hoped that my (former) best friend was going to be above shunning me. While he didn't claim to shun me, he avoided me and when called out on it, said that he had to 'protect the spirituality of his family' (just him and his wife).

I was tempted to tell him off, but I remember that I too was a member of that dangerous mind control cult. I wish him well and have moved on to making unconditional friends of ex-JW's.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Julia, I second everything said above in this thread. You don't deserve this. You are allowed to go off and have a good cry. But remember that time heals all wounds and this one will heal also, believe it or not. This is the price of freedom.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I'm sorry for your loss of your conditional friend Julia Orwell. Maybe one day in the furture her authentic persona will be able to realise her mistake and reach out to you in unconditional friendship.

As an Aussie are you able to submit comments of your experiences to the Royal Commission investigating institutional child abuse? I know that you may not know about any abuse, but your experiences being a JW might help the Commissioners to understand better the power of BITE control techniques that the WTBTS uses to victimize and control JWs. Besides some of the tactics that the WTBTS promotes does cause emotional illiness to some people and children.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• humbled
    humbled

I'm sorry that it's happening to you, Julia. I remember how two of my very best friends would come and talk to me as I was going through the long process that ended in my own DA/DFing. One knew the particulars and the other didn't--didn't want to. At first I couldn't conceive of their shunning me. Ever. But as the process continued I could feel how mentally crushing the religion was. And I knew they would have to choose me or the religion.

Not a word from them in three years. And both of them know I have been going through a rough patch with cancer(non-witness spouse and daughter of one has kept in touch).

We helped each other through so much over the 22 years I was in.

Yet, not a word. It is a powerful and dreadful cult that can do this to friends. I can't believe this doesn't hurt them too.

I am happy that you are coming out of it. You are going to find wonderful non-JW friends I am sure. You are fun to have on the board and insightful.

Take care.

Maeve

• Ding
    Ding

I'm sorry for your pain, Julia.

The WTS takes ordinary human beings and turns them into borg drones.

If it's any consolation, this person probably thinks she is helping you come back into "the truth" so you won't be destroyed at Armageddon.

Very sad.

• Mum
    Mum

I'm so sorry, too, Julia. She's "just following orders," which is what Nazis and JW's do.

When you get right down to it, the fact is that you have been honored. You are thinking for yourself, and shunned for it.

I recommend that you read Jonathan Livingston Seagull. He was dishonored when he should have been honored because he went outside the boundaries of being a regular seagull. He flew higher than any of the other seagulls.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Julia... it also happened to me not too long ago. It's tough... and it hurts. Though we expect the shunning, there's something deep inside the heart that hopes our closest friends will be different -that the special friendship we have with them will supercede cult mentality. It's a heartbreak when we discover that doesn't happen.

I am truly sorry... and my heart goes out to you. You're not alone.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

I truly feel your pain . 20 of my close family are shunning me and I'm not even DFed .

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Julia, yes it does hurt. I'm sorry that you're feeling this pain.

Two things that may help you:

1. Your "friend" is under the power of a highly-manipulative mind-control cult. She is more than likely completely unaware of this even as most of us were until we woke up;
    2. If it's conditional, it isn't love. This is just one more proof that the religion known as JWs do not have "The Truth" and are not acting according to the precepts of love and forgiveness taught by the Christ.

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit