"The END is soooooo close"

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ah, dear heaven, you are now getting to the heart of why I want the question asked of JW's, then sit back and let them explain.

The time from 1914 till now has been taken away as a reason by the Overlapping Generation crap, their favourite "World Conditions" doesn't hold water, all in all, now is the best time ever in History to be alive, and none of Matthew 24 actually holds water as pointing to this being the "Time of the End".

Get them to examine their ridiculous Doom-mongering view and we may begin to get them to look deeper at what they call Da Troof.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

"The reason is that He does not want to face reality. That is why JW die-hards persecute any doubters. To leave doubters and faders alone would be tantamout to accepting that they could have a point. That rabbit-hole is just too painful for some to venture down. That's why you must be a ridiculer! There is no other alternative! To admit that theyhave been duped their whole life is not something that most have the inner strength to face. " DATA-DOG

This sums up the reality that JWs are faced with. The Truth or the TTAT is just TOO painful to realize. It's like knowing that there is the ordinary "Wizard" behind the curtain, but being to scared to expose him because of not facing the fact of being soo gullible to believe in the first place. Soo many ExJW have opened their eyes and felt the pain of being duped for soo long. The JW who stay in are just too weak to face the TTAT. So they will defend their beliefs at ALL cost. It's like a group of people who invested their life savings in a business who's product is really faultly. Critics of the product continually make known of the ineffectiveness of the product, but the investors deny it and slander the criticizers. The Investors believe that the money and time invested in the business CAN'T be all in vain! Their product is good! Most JW don't want to know the TTAT. It would TEAR THEIR WORLD APART.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Whatthehades,

The reality for Jehovah's Witnesses is like the Edsel produced by the Ford Motor Co.

Ford dumped millions of dollars into a product that failed

Jehovah's witnesss can't face that they have invested millions of hours in precious time in a farce

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I said "Dad, is the economy as bad as it was back in the Great Depression? Because if the economy is the reason the end will come then Armageddon shoulda come back in the '20s or '30s." I got the blank stare and the silence.

I've used similar statements with the Friends TM , although I try to disguise my sarcasm a bit more.

"You're right, the economy/violence in the Middle East is really bad!!! Of course if we think THIS is bad, just imagine what the JWs living back during the Great Depression, or during WWII must have thought Armageddon had started. Hundreds of millions dead, people being gassed to death in concentration camps and burned in ovens, and nuclear bombs going off!"

Like Heaven's dad, they usually get quiet and don't say much. Nothing like reality and facts to deflate their enthusiasm for worldwide death and destruction.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I've used similar statements with the Friends TM , although I try to disguise my sarcasm a bit more.

Sorry if it seems I was being sarcastic. It was not said that way. It was actually said with a bit of energy behind it though since it was part of a conversation he had started to get me to try and sign up.

It was that same convo that I told him straight that I wasn't going to become a JW. He stopped giving me the magazines after that. His dementia began to get worse and shortly after that I was up to his place every weekend to cut his grass, take him food, and clean his house (and do whatever else needed doing). It was about a year after that conversation that he told me he doesn't understand what they are talking about anymore. Makes me so very sad. Being a JW obviously doesn't save you from brain diseases.

• d
    d

When ever witness tell me how bad things are. I will say this is nothing compared to WW2 or the dark ages. I usally get a blank stare.Some just do not get it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

When ever witness tell me how bad things are. I will say this is nothing compared to WW2 or the dark ages. I usally get a blank stare.Some just do not get it.____d

WW2 or the dark ages don't click wit' 1914

Those " Some " , were told they wouldn't complete school

A blank stare is all you get from a drop out

Jus' sayin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit