"The END is soooooo close"

by Phizzy 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

One more thing.

Under the Heading of Jehovah's Witnesses in the Reasoning book

It states

' What beliefs of jehovah's Witnesses set them apart as different from other religions ?

(1)Bible : Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the entire Bible is the inspired word of God, and instead of adhering to a creed based on human tradition, they hold to the Bible as standard for all thier beliefs."___Reasoning book page 199

(8)Last days : They believe that we are living in the last days of this wicked system of things; that some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world." _________Reasoning Book page 200

Question : Who's tradition is it that keep the sheep believin' in a falsehood ?

There is no way in the world, the WTS can say the Reasoning Book is Apostate literature

But Trust, They will some how. some way

• blondie
    blondie

Counteracting "ridiculers" in 2 Pet. 3:3,4 by WTS. Is it no surprise that jws are saying the "end is here" not near at every news event they match up to the signs as defined in the WT publications? I know of jws who keep a notebook with news items and the scripture it "fulfills."

*** w11 10/15 p. 4 “Keep on the Watch”—Why So Important? ***

If a distraction is tugging at you to disregard the sign Jesus gave us, take serious steps, as Arielle did. You might try some of the following. Consult the Watch Tower Publications Index, which has been called a map to hidden treasures. References to sound counsel and first-person reports on how others have faced temptations await you. Benefit fully from Christian meetings by preparing well and taking notes. Some have found that sitting near the front of the auditorium is helpful. When there is audience participation, try to give a comment early. In addition, keep spiritually awake by matching up current news items with aspects of the sign and other characteristics of “the last days.”—2 Tim. 3:1-5; 2 Pet. 3:3, 4; Rev. 6:1-8.

How does the WTS explain away their false dates?

*** w97 9/1 p. 21 par. 11 Keep Jehovah’s Day Close in Mind ***

Ridiculers may well have mocked faithful Christians because these had as yet unrealized expectations. Shortly before Jesus died, his disciples “were imagining that the kingdom of God was going to display itself instantly.” Then, after his resurrection they asked whether the Kingdom would be set up right away. Also, about ten years before Peter wrote his second letter, some were “excited” by “a verbal message” or “a letter,” reputedly from the apostle Paul or his companions, “to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here.” (Luke 19:11; 2 Thessalonians 2:2; Acts 1:6) Such expectations of Jesus’ disciples, however, were not false, only premature. Jehovah’s day would come!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Frostin' on the cake Blondie

I wish the WTS would show us where His disciples taught the things they imagined or thought

Especially scince Jesus was in their presence at the times they Imagined and thought these things

Basically the WTS is tellin' us that Jesus allowed these men to go 'round teachin' lies......................... LOL

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, like I said I copied down the quotes from the Reasoning Book and went out of my way to where I knew they had that setup with the table and literature, have to give this Bro credit though, he did say that "yeah, we used to say 1914 and some said 1975 and he even mentioned that the Dubs used to celebrate Christmas, but of course they keep receiving "new light" but have to say he's the first to open his mouth and admit all that. But when I mentioned that the only anointed in my Cong when I was growing up and the Elder that studied withmy father have now learned better and have left da troof he said "why do you keep mentioning the past"? so yeah, their brains are all wired to give the standard response, he repped pretty good for the ol' guys in Brooklyn, but when I mentioned certain things his "go to line was always about mentioning the past. Btw I wasn't on my "A Game" this afternoon because NYC had their first 90 + degree day today and although the trains have AC the stations don't . . . and of course you just know he said "if I didn't believe what I was saying why would I be here in a shirt and tie on this hot day ! . . . .yeah OK

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's a classic case of wishful thinking. You hear the sick and the old saying, "it's getting so bad [ie my life and my suffering] that Armageddon just HAS to be close! I can't go on much longer therefore the end must be close."

Wishing it doesn't make it so but it's the only thing that keeps these people going. JWs also cultivate a victim mentality, thanks to the wt telling them that most of the bad stuff happening to them is from Satan. Therefore they're quite helpless in the face of adversity, whereas non JWs just get on with life.

• wasblind
    wasblind

((((((( Shirley ))))))) If I ain't LMAO Girl !!!!!

Maybe you shoulda informed that bro. that they need to stop trynna find thier way

by candle light and switch to Halogen

" Why do you keep bringin' up the past ? " Cuz it used to be the truth ! Until they changed what they believed

So maybe he need to change into a cooler set a clothes and get outta that hot shirt

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

ShirleyW quoting JW:

and of course you just know he said "if I didn't believe what I was saying why would I be here in a shirt and tie on this hot day !

That reminded me of a thought that crossed my mind one morning on my commute. On my way into the office, I drive past a bus stop that is frequented by Witnesses. One morning, they had resorted to setting up a 5 ft. tall magazine rack (like the ones they have in dentist’s offices) right next to the bus bench. I don’t have to mention that the rack was totally ignored by commuters (who were much more interested in their iPods).

I thought: “If one didn’t truly believe in what they were preaching, why would they be embarrassingly stupid enough to set up a literature rack next to a bus stop?” But hey, I guess it’s what Jeremiah would have done, right?

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

ShirleyW, have you met DontCallMeShirley?

• wasblind
    wasblind

But hey, I guess it’s what Jeremiah would have done, right?____ Moses Unedited

Look what happened to Hannaniah. He made folks believe in a falshood too. Right ?

Guess what happened ?

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

The JW lifestyle is what makes them yearn for the end. The treadmill of meeting attendance , service, peronal study, conventions and assemblies plus the constant feelings of guilt and a negative view of everything non-JW is exhausting. They just need relief.

If only they would consider an alternate solution, they dont need 7.8 billion people destroyed to bring relief. Just detach from 8 in NY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit